There's a hole in my leg? Please help I'm panicking.

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

There's a hole in my leg? Please help I'm panicking.

Postby Harper27 » Thu May 11, 2017 6:59 am

Hi I'm sorry if I sound absolutely mental but I'm a bit of a hypochondriac and a few days ago my left leg started to hurt a few inches below my hip so I tried rubbing it a bit and then I noticed it was tender to gentle pressing, which is generally what happens after I come back home after walking. So I kind of pushed in a bitbecause it felt hard and I didn't do it very hard but ever since then there's kind of a sinkhole in the muscle? It's not visible but I can feel it under the skin. I can't really tell if the area around it is a bit swollen or if it's an actual dent. Is this a thing that happens with fibro? I'm just constantly worried that I've been misdiagnosed and that it's actually something really serious (not that Fibro is exactly a walk in the park either lol) but at least I know fibro isn't fatal. It doesn't hurt when I push it in but this hip generally hurts more when walking anyway. Do any others with fibro experience weird things like this? Ahh I'm really anxious now xx
Harper27
UKFM Member

Re: There's a hole in my leg? Please help I'm panicking.

Postby LindyM66 » Thu May 11, 2017 7:42 am

Hi Harper,

It could be a bit of fluid retention. When u press down with a finger, a little dent is left in your for a few seconds. Is that what you mean? This is referred to as pitting odema.
When you're sitting - elevate your legs to help drain the fluid.
The bottom of my legs are like this all the time - I have kankles, not ankles.
If you're at all worried, make an appointment with your GP.

Much Love
Lindy x
LindyM66
UKFM Member

Postby Harper27 » Thu May 11, 2017 7:54 am

Thanks for your reply Lindy, no there's actually no dent left, I can just feel it under the skin. It's not visible and it doesn't hurt when I press it. If I press it and let it go nothing happens, not visible just by looking at it xx
Harper27
UKFM Member

Postby LindyM66 » Thu May 11, 2017 8:01 am

If it's worrying you Harper, make an appointment with your GP, to give you peace of mind.

Much Love
Lindy x
LindyM66
UKFM Member

Postby Harper27 » Thu May 11, 2017 8:41 am

Lindy

I have an appointment for the 18th. Thanks for your reply anyway Lindy, I suppose that's the only way I'll know what's going on with it, was just wondering if I was the fibro in case I went to my go and they just told me this and I've wasted everyone's time. Anyway much love darling xx
Harper27
UKFM Member

Postby Jeyo » Thu May 11, 2017 2:07 pm

Hi Harper, if you don't want to wait till the 18th call your GP surgery and ask for a Dr to call you back. You can then discuss it with her and she will decide if you need to be seen earlier.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk
Jeyo
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia