I have just been diagnosed with fibromyalgia

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

I have just been diagnosed with fibromyalgia

Postby PAULACXXX » Sun May 14, 2017 3:50 pm

My doctor has just diagnosed me with fibromyalgia i have had to give up a couple of jobs because of it as the pain is so intense but my family think that its a joke and when i am unable to even move they think it is funny and say its lasyitis i dont know what to do it has gotten to the stage where I try to hide i am in pain and always exhausted even though i sleep i am lying in bed at night crying myself to sleep with the pain some days i struggle to even get dressed but i cant as them for help i feel as though I am going crazy can any one offer any way to help with the pain
PAULACXXX
UKFM Newbie

Re: I have just been diagnosed with fibromyalgia

Postby *Lisa* » Sun May 14, 2017 5:19 pm

:welcome: Paula

Here is a link to click on with all the information about treatments http://ukfibromyalgia.com/pages/treatments.php as you will see there are lots of options. Can take awhile before you work out what works for you.

I find a combination of medications, therapy & light exercise helps. Added to that there is things like healthly diet, vitamins and herbal products that may help.

I would start by having a chat with your GP and go from there...
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Re: I have just been diagnosed with fibromyalgia

Postby LindyM66 » Sun May 14, 2017 9:19 pm

Hi Paula

I'm sorry to read your family is being so insensitive. They have no idea how painful this condition can be.
Definitely speak to ur GP about pain relief. Epsom salts baths help me as does heat. Heat pads or hot water bottle.

Much Love
Lindy x
LindyM66
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia