Does anyone else get muscle jerks?

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Does anyone else get muscle jerks?

Postby Harper27 » Sun Jun 25, 2017 11:57 am

I'm not just talking about muscle twitching, I'm talking like a whole limb moving, or the middle of the body, like an incredibly short seizure if you know what I mean? Is this a symptom of fibro or is it a sign of something else? I have seen a neurologist about this but he did a few tests and I had previously have a CT scan which came back fine so he said that there was nothing neurologically wrong with me. Even though I explained that they were jerks and not twitches, he still regarded them as such. Does anyone else have these? I'm a little hypochondriac lol and I always worry myself. Someone also suggested that they could be spasms, which I guess they could be but they generally don't hurt. If anyone does get these are they on any medication for them? They are extremely annoying at this point. Thank you xx
Harper27
UKFM Member

Re: Does anyone else get muscle jerks?

Postby *Lisa* » Sun Jun 25, 2017 12:51 pm

Hi,

From my fibro I do get twitches & jerks. If they were spasms you would be in severe pain as well. If they dont hurt and you have been tested by a consultant then I assume all is Ok.

I get these when I have over done things. I find trying to relax as best I can by a soothing hot bath and laying on the bed resting to be of help.
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby Harper27 » Sun Jun 25, 2017 12:56 pm

Thanks for the reply. I know I didn't think that they were spasms either until the neurologist said that spasms are brief contractions that shouldn't hurt, and it's cramps which are sustained spasms that are the ones that cause pain. I have absolutely no idea, no doctor has any clue what I'm talking about and it's getting frustrating because it causes me to drop things a lot too. Can anyone else offer some insight? xx
Harper27
UKFM Member

Postby dotty lotty » Mon Jun 26, 2017 8:16 am

Yes I also get twitchy and jerky at times. Most annoying. Can feel it coming on but cant stop it.
Have some indeterminate white areas on my brain MRI and neurologist thinks it is nutritional neuropathy.
dotty lotty
UKFM Member

Postby LindyM66 » Tue Jun 27, 2017 7:19 am

Yip, another twitcher here :-). Sometimes it's a twitch, other times it's " a limb in the air, jerk". Usually passes after a few minutes.

Much Love
Lindy x
LindyM66
UKFM Member

Postby galio » Sun Jul 02, 2017 12:05 am

i used to get an odd twitch but when i went on lyrica as the dose increased so did the twitch and it turned into a jerk i should have fab abs the amount of times i did involuntary situps! I could feel it building up but never knew just where it was going to hit, like a fizzing in my body looking for a place to escape, now i'm off the lyrica it has settled back to an odd twitch and small jerk on occasion not the umpteen times a day big jerking while on it.
galio
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia