Anyone started exercise again and gaining weight?

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Anyone started exercise again and gaining weight?

Postby charlotteerika » Sun Jul 02, 2017 5:54 pm

And I don't mean muscle!

I have gained muscle mass but I have also gained fat around my stomach area. I was a size 12 now I am a size 14. I am now the heaviest I have been in my life with or without exercise!
I am going to the gym and my personal trainer says she does not know how we can tackle this.

I can only surmise that my body is in fight or flight because it thinks the exercise is a threat.

Has anyone else experienced this and if yes what did you do to solve it?

Thanking you in advance,
Charlotte Erika
charlotteerika
UKFM Member

Re: Anyone started exercise again and gaining weight?

Postby FluppyPuffy » Mon Jul 03, 2017 10:19 pm

Have you had any changes to any meds you may be taking??? The addition of a new med can be the cause, or a change in dosage of an existing one. Have you added any new otc meds/remedies/supplements to what you take or bought a different brand/make of something???
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Re: Anyone started exercise again and gaining weight?

Postby charlotteerika » Tue Jul 04, 2017 11:38 am

Hi FluppyPuffy,

No I am on no meds.
My diet exactly the same as before exercise, I eat no processed foods, no dairy (I am allergic), no wheat as it bloats me. No change in supplements.
Just fat weight gain since starting exercise 2 months ago. My trainer says she has had a few people with Fibro whos bodies have done exactly the same and they gave up doing exercise and resided to the fact that this is the why they will be from now on. I do not want to do this and I am to young for defeat!
charlotteerika
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia