Fibro, Adrenal Fatigue and Addissons Disease

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Fibro, Adrenal Fatigue and Addissons Disease

Postby Nidge » Sat Jul 22, 2017 3:32 pm

Hi guys

Okay, long story but I want to see A) if my symptoms are same as yours and B) Could it be Adrenal Fatigue or worse Addissons?

Ive been ill 7 or 8 years, I first got the onset after a period of cycling to work. I got a severe pain in my wrist and when I bent my hand back I got immense fatigue flow through my body like water. After a year or so of fatigue and pain it subsided largely or more contained into flare ups. Sleep was fine at this point. Last Summer I even felt I was better. I walked to and from work and lost four and a half stone in weight, due to excercise and diet.

This Christmas, something changed. All of a sudden, broken unrestorative sleep every night nearly. Consequently, horrific pain in my upper arm muscles all of the time, especially when exherted. This alongside weakness in legs, like walking with jelly legs, muscle twitching and pain running down my arms up int my neck. Leg pain and calf pain but not as bad as the arms. Dizziness when standing and light headed. Poor short term memory, total lack of energy and not interested in doing anything.

Somebody recently mentioned on Facebook that all of my symptoms sound like hers, she was recently diagnosed with Addissons. So, Ive had some bloods done at the docs and my cortisol was normal (9am test), also Thyroid and other hormone tests. But my friend said I need to have these done throughout the day. I feel very worried by this because I feel so ill. I feel worse in the morning and last thing at night which would support cortisol changes.

I am seeing a private nutritionalist now who is looking at Adrenal Fatigue which she says is a possible more accurate description of the fatigue and pain than fibro, or at least she wants to explore this as another route as well as looking into candida and other possible gut disorders. I just wondered if anyone else on here has expolored or been tested for Adrenal Fatigue or Addissons and had been wrongly diagnosed with fibro.
Nidge
UKFM Member

Re: Fibro, Adrenal Fatigue and Addissons Disease

Postby perseus » Sat Jul 22, 2017 5:31 pm

I used a private test organisation to test for this some years back. They send you gear to provide samples of saliva, blood or urine which you send off. Something like this, but I can't remember the one I used.

http://www.smartnutrition.co.uk/health- ... ress-test/
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia. Regards Stephen
perseus

Postby Nidge » Sat Jul 22, 2017 5:55 pm

Funny you should say that Perseus, Ive ordered one. I presume yours tested okay?
I do wonder if Adrenal Fatigue and Fibro are one of the same though
Nidge
UKFM Member

Postby perseus » Sat Jul 22, 2017 8:31 pm

Nidge wrote:Funny you should say that Perseus, Ive ordered one. I presume yours tested okay?
I do wonder if Adrenal Fatigue and Fibro are one of the same though

Nidge

Yes it turned out OK. Some of the symptoms between Addisons, ME and Fibro overlap, and the three are often confused.

Good luck with your results
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia. Regards Stephen
perseus

Postby Nidge » Sat Jul 22, 2017 9:36 pm

Cheers Stephen.

I'm taking the saliva tests first. Initial blood test was okay. It's a nightmare isn't it, my blood pressure and dizziness seem all over at the minute. I went to the GP recently because I felt so unwell and he admitted they are failing fibro sufferers as they haven't got a clue. Not helpful but honest I suppose
Nidge
UKFM Member

Postby perseus » Sun Jul 23, 2017 5:32 pm

Hypothyroidism is another condition which Fibro can be mistaken for. That's probably what I took the home blood samples for. It's the same sort of idea, because hormones vary during the day you can provide several samples, and on a bad day.

http://ukfibromyalgia.com/pages/advice/thyroid.php
perseus

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia