No idea where Injuries came from

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

No idea where Injuries came from

Postby perseus » Tue Oct 31, 2017 4:07 pm

Two nights ago, I awoke at around 3am in pain in one of my upper ribs and left knee. I checked in the morning, and sure enough there's a bruise across the knee as if I've knocked it on something. The rib pain is not in an area I'd associate with fibro either. However, I recall having similar symptoms with fractured ribs after falling before. The pain comes on a day or so after the accident then continues for a month or so, especially if you flex the diaphragm by coughing or sneezing.

I can't remember for the life of me what could have caused them. I tripped up on a tree stump and fell about a week ago, but that's too long ago. Perhaps the rib problem was caused by the dog who lunged at a cat and pulled my arm attached to the lead, and ripped a muscle? However, to feel both injuries suddenly in the middle of the night is seriously strange.

Surely I don't sleepwalk being such an awful sleeper. Also I would have woken up if I had hit something? Spooky Eh? :sleep: :yikes:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia. Regards Stephen
perseus

Re: No idea where Injuries came from

Postby *Lisa* » Wed Nov 01, 2017 12:06 pm

Maybe you been sleep walking? :penguin: :penguin: :penguin:

As you know I had a rib injury years ago when my dog pulled me on lead running for a ball a man had thrown for his child, caught me by surprise and didn't know as on a zip lead until I was yanked so hard. Symptoms took few days to come out. Could be that and a bruise from the fall?

Sounds very painful and propabaly noticed more in the night as we stiffen more making it worse.
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Re: No idea where Injuries came from

Postby perseus » Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:24 pm

Lisa

Are you improving? I did try to call you a few times. Stiff neck at the moment as well, so I will have a lie down.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia. Regards Stephen
perseus

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia