How do you cope??

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

How do you cope??

Postby Debbie584 » Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:45 pm

Newly diagnosed with fibro. Had a really bad night, am in extreme pain today, worst it's ever been. Had paracetamol, tramadol and my morphine but still in chronic pain. Been in tears all morning as just don't know where to put myself. Honestly don't know how to cope, any advice or help appreciated.
Debbie584
UKFM Newbie

Re: How do you cope??

Postby *Lisa* » Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:22 pm

Hi Debbie,

I find heat or freeze gels work ok alongside the medications and tens machine. On top I also have hands on physio therapy. It's not for all but helps me. Lots of treatments on top of meds that can be of benefit like acupuncture, hydrotherapy and massage.

Then there's the pain clinic who offer more extensive treatments like pain injections, infusions, physio etc...

Not helpful at present I'm afraid but something to maybe look into.
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Re: How do you cope??

Postby LindyM66 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:31 pm

Hi Debbie

It's awful when you have times like these. As Lisa said, I find heat really helpful. If you have an electric blanket, snuggle up. I have an electric heat pad, like a little mini blanket - its my best friend. Hot epsom salts baths also helps.

I hope you find something to ease your pain.

Much Love
Lindy x
LindyM66
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia