5htp and ocd

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

5htp and ocd

Postby mandyc » Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:27 am

I was looking at some posts from people who were taking 5htp for their fibro but many of the posts were from 2011 I'm just wondering if those same people are still experiencing improvement with 5htp. There was one guy called Adam 24 who also had ocd and I'm wondering if 5htp doesn't work for us people with ocd. No other ssris made a difference to my ocd and withdrawing from all of them was horrendous and I have tried high doses of all of them.

I tried 5htp last night 25mg and hardly slept at all and then tried 50 mg this morning and am still in lots of pain. I've only recently been diagnosed with fibromyalgia and having a hard time coming to terms with it and coping with the non stop extreme pain that somes on suddenly and for no reason. I'm trying a low FODMAP diet aswell to see if it will help with the excruciating gut pains I'm getting. The doctor just threw the diagnosis of fibromyalgia out at me and prescribed me amitryptaline. I tried it for a few days and it worked at keeping the pain to a minimum on the first day and I could get off to sleep but I still didn't feel like I'd slept at all. AFter 4 days on it my ocd came back really quite bad so I stopped it.

I'll keep going with the 5htp to see if it will help as I'm at the stage where I'll try anything. Just wondered though what others' experience of it is. I've been waiting to see a rheumatologist for 7 months
mandyc
UKFM Newbie

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia