i need helpp

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

i need helpp

Postby petertohen » Sat Jan 27, 2018 1:56 am

Hi everyone. I've been newly diagnosed with fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue syndrome after 4 long years of suffering! I'm only 26 and it is so hard to take it in.

My symptoms are: fatigue, muscle aches and pains, joint pains, chest pains, itchy eyes and many more.
Having massive flare ups at the moment, spent the day shopping with my mum for my birthday and I can't move a muscle today without crying in pain. Trying to do college work and attend college is just so hard to keep up.e

I was just wondering if any of you had any advice or tips to help get me through each day!
https://www.everydayhealth.com/fibromya ... drome.aspx
petertohen
UKFM Newbie

Re: i need helpp

Postby LindyM66 » Sat Jan 27, 2018 8:58 am

Hi P

FM is a shock to the system, for sure. I was diagnosed 2 years ago, after experiencing a massive flare ( didn't know that's what is was).
It's taken til now, to get a combination of meds to allow me to function. I was off work for 6 months last year - I work in a college :-)
My advice would be to learn how to pace yourself. Over time, you will learn what you can do, and what you have to do differently, or those things that are just a "no, no". Unfortunately, it takes time to figure all these things out.
Heat works well for me. I use an electric heat pad, hot water bottle - and there's also those adhesive heat pads, which work a treat. Epsom salts baths (which I thought was an old wifes tale) are fantastic. A good 4 cups in the bath, and soak for at least half an hour. CBD oil also helps reduce pain. I have a massage pillow and a massage chair ( not a big fancy massage chair, one of those ones that you fit over an ordinary chair). It's trial and error, to find what helps you. What helps me, may not suit you, and vice versa.
You didn't mention if you are taking any medication?
The fatigue is a hard one to combat. I used to be too tired to chew my dinner! Rest when you can, and don't over do it - especially on the days where you feel "good" ( or better), as you will end up as you are now, after shopping with your mum.
It will take time, but you'll learn how to manage your symptoms, as best you can. Don't be afraid to say NO. Self caring is so very important. Ask family and friends to educate themselves about FM, so they are aware what you are learning to cope with. Despite knowledge, some people just "dont get it".
Lots of good info on other posts, that may help you.

Take good care
Much Love
Lindy x
LindyM66
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia