What does your back pain feel like?

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

What does your back pain feel like?

Postby Weazie189 » Tue Jun 19, 2018 12:22 am

Hi trying to work out if I have fibromyalgia or not, my main symptom is low back pain, it started 8 months ago, and I haven't had a day without pain since then.
I do have other symptoms which I have posted about but I'm curious to ask if you can describe what your back pain is like ? And exactly where you feel the pain.
Many thanks
Weazie189
UKFM Member

Re: What does your back pain feel like?

Postby *Lisa* » Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:15 am

I’m afraid it’s difficault to say for me as I have other goings on in my back apart from fibro. Fibro would cause stiffness and aches, like a deep soreness.

It’s hard really to distinguish low back pain. A lot of lower back conditions mimick that of many. I can say that if you have lower back pain plus other other symptoms like you have it’s more likely to be fibro where as lower back pain alone could be something else.
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby Weazie189 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 12:26 am

Hi,
Thanks for your reply, I have a question, maybe this will distinguish if I have fibromyalgia or something else going on. On waking up in the morning my back is extremely stiff and very painful, like my lower back muscles have contracted tight. After a few exercises I can move about fine, but the pain is still there, not as intense though, if I walk too far stand too long or do too much my back starts to seize up, and again feels like the muscles are contracted tight, and need stretching out. Sitting eliminates pain and I feel much better unless I sit for a long period, where I would stiffen up again, the pain would always be there on getting up from sitting though.
My question is do you get relief from sitting down with fibromyalgia or would the pain be constant?
Weazie189
UKFM Member

Postby *Lisa* » Wed Jun 20, 2018 1:17 pm

There’s no relief with fibro, maybe a little ease but that could be different from one person to another as fibro is not the same in everyone. That’s why it’s so hard to say yes or no I’m afraid.
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia