Confused!!!

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Confused!!!

Postby TiredSid » Tue Jul 03, 2018 11:36 am

Hi, I have just been diagnosed with Fibromyalgia. I have had symptoms for 3 years but all I was ever told by my Doc was that it was my diabetes causing the symptoms!
Recently I have had to quit my job as a Baker as I didn't know how much pain I would be in from day to day. My strength has also diminished drastically. I feel like I'm alone with no help coming from anywhere. Can anyone please give me some advice, it would be very much appreciated :-?
TiredSid
UKFM Newbie

Re: Confused!!!

Postby perseus » Tue Jul 03, 2018 9:49 pm

Hi Sid Welcome to the forums. Have you read through the homepage, to familiarise yourself with the management, treatments etc? Who diagnosed you, a GP or Consultant, and what did they suggest?

http://ukfibromyalgia.com/index.php
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia. Regards Stephen
perseus

Re: Confused!!!

Postby *Lisa* » Wed Jul 04, 2018 9:54 am

Hi Sid,

Defiantly have a read up with Perseus link. There are lots of things to try and help reduce the pain and symptoms. It’s trial and error until you find and settle on something that benefits you.

Normally it begins with your GP. You go through several medications to try out first and maybe a referral to physio. If your GP cannot keep symptoms under control then you’ll maybe be referred to a pain clinic or rheumatologist for further help. They can offer a wider spectrum of help from medications, therapies and treatments.

I’m afraid it can take quiet a while to find what helps you. I find a combination of medication, hands on therapy and light exercise to be of benefit but we are all different and one glove don’t fit all.

Lots of information around the forum and website which I hope helps you.
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia