Hello

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Hello

Postby Bolla33 » Sun Aug 12, 2018 11:01 am

Hello, first time poster and a new member so plz be gentle with me.

A brief history. I was diagnosed about 4 years ago after decades of pain and unexplained joint issues. I worked with Fybro for many years, its gradually got worse and last year I hit a wall, and haven't worked since.
So, I have a couple of questions I'm hoping people can help with.
Firstly, I have suffered for a long time with mystery pains in the throat, neck, shoulders and glands, usually accompanied with "eye" headaches that begin at the back of my head, that are extreme enough to make me vomit. Various doctors have suggested various diagnosis, with the most recent ENT saying its inflation of the Hyoid bone caused by excessive throat clearing. I did explain that while I had just had throat ulcers and the throat clearing I was doing at the time I saw here was a recent thing and the "hyoid" pain/headaches had come and gone for decades. However, she seemed to ignore that fact when writing to my GP. I asked my GP to see her again but she refused and simply sent him a copy of her original advice about throat clearing.
Now since looking at the FM forums, I have seen some post of similar symptoms and I wonder if anyone else gets this. So does this sound like a fybro issue to anyone here?
The second question is about DWP work assessments. Got one on Tuesday and have seen 1000s of horror stories online. Does anyone offer any words of wisdom? I am living on £73 ESA a week and my account is going down by about £350 a month, terrified of losing it, I will be screwed. Thanks everyone.
Bolla33
UKFM Newbie

Re: Hello

Postby perseus » Sun Aug 12, 2018 8:46 pm

Welcome to the boards Bolla

A pain in the neck and shoulders are common with fibro. Throat and glands less so. Perhaps if you reference the post you saw, someone may be able to help.

It might also be worth elaborating the benefit issues on the DWP, Working & Benefits board.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia. Regards Stephen
perseus

Postby Bolla33 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:48 am

Hi thanks for the reply.

Here is a couple of similar thread to the one I saw.

http://www.fibromyalgia-symptoms.org/fo ... nd_glands/
https://www.myfibroteam.com/questions/5 ... ore-throat

Its not like the "normal" raw sore you get from a cold. effects ears, neck, jaw, eyes. Often with by a massive headache starting from the back of the head through to my eyes. Its visited my many times in the last 40 years. And I am now suspecting FM.
Bolla33
UKFM Newbie

Postby *Lisa* » Mon Aug 13, 2018 5:30 pm

On a fibro point of view and personally speaking, I have similar symptoms. Mine are caused by muscle stiffness and I wear a mouth guard given by my dentist which helps relieve the intensity of them.

On another point of view I know chronic fatigue can also give out these symptoms especially when on a flare.

With the ESA assessment, I have had a few assessments and have given lots of tips and advice on the DWP, working and benefits board.

Have a read up and if you have any further questions just ask. Trouble is there is lots of information and is quiet a wide range of advice for these assessments. It’s not easy to give an answer, we’ll some short advice.

I have been successfully so have many others I know of. Your doing the right thing in researching and reading up on it.

Being prepared is a must. Good luck!
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby Painintheneck » Mon Aug 13, 2018 5:43 pm

Bolla, I posted my own similar experiences under the heading "Not just any old earache" in the "Associated and Other Health Problems".
Painintheneck
UKFM Member

Postby Bolla33 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:11 pm

Thanks, guys, still trying to take it all in.
Bolla33
UKFM Newbie

Postby Bolla33 » Tue Aug 14, 2018 4:21 am

04.21 Insomnia rules.
Bolla33
UKFM Newbie

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia