Breaking the ice

A place to discuss any sort of crafting and show off your work

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Breaking the ice

Postby Andrew_Z » Mon Jun 04, 2012 12:08 pm

If really don't feel like drawing or making something, feeling really down, then it can be fun to just play around with some paints or craft materials. You don't have to do anything with them, just scribble, or snip away at some paper with scissors. That's what I and my girlfriend do when we just can't face creating anything...we just mess about, and it does wonders for the soul because materials are fun too. Just playing with a few bright colours can make one cheerful, and you never know, you might feel like doing a bit more :-)
Andrew_Z
UKFM Member

Re: Breaking the ice

Postby ouchisme » Mon Jun 04, 2012 12:12 pm

Afternoon Andrew

The way i read your post was that we should just have fun as children would. With maybe no idea what they want to do but they enjoy the moment, the here and now. Is that what you meant?

I hope that u r having a fairly good day today
Had symptoms for 5yrs. Dx February 2011
ouchisme
UKFM Member

Postby Andrew_Z » Mon Jun 04, 2012 3:10 pm

I mean use the materials in some way without the stress of planning anything. I just find at times that colours, or even musical notes can give one's mood a lift. Just moving a pencil around on paper is a start, and scribbling nothing in particular is a way of releaving stress. It's just a far less intimidating way of starting to do something with one's hands. As my sculpture tutor once said to us... "Forget the model for a while, and just enjoy the clay."

If we make a mess, then good, we've actually done something, and I think we deserve a cheer! :-)
Andrew_Z
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Tue Jun 05, 2012 7:16 pm

I agree Andrew, I was going to a class called calm and create, held in our local art gallery, it really was do what you want with whatever materials you fancy and very soft piano music in the background (I have my own CD now and just put it on quietly) it definitely helps to lift my mood even if I produce nothing worth having :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Return to Craft