Jewllery & Crystals

A place to discuss any sort of crafting and show off your work

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Jewllery & Crystals

Postby _Holistica » Tue Aug 13, 2013 12:48 pm

I make crystal jewellery, using the crystal chips I can buy at a whole salers.

I have worked with crystals for about 12 years nearly and have been certified as a Crystal thrapist for over five years now, I combine the knowledge I have of crystals healing properties to create 'healing' jewellery or just jewellery that goes for a certain outfit.

I have found working with crystals really helps me with the symptoms of FMS, I'm also Reiki Master which also helps. The thing with crystals is you can boost their 'power' by also adding some Reiki energy on, and it's all such a gentle therapy, and no one needs to know why you have certain crystals on your wrist or aroun your neck because it's jewellery :-)

I have a gorgeous bracelet on at the moment that I made using Green Flourite, Tanzanite, Peridot, Rainbow Flourite (different colours), Rose Quartz, Citrine, Sunstone and Smokey Quartz with Magnetised Hematite at the ends by the clasp... I have no wish to know what they are for specifically, I trust that I was attracted to them to help me at the moment and so that is that, but sometimes when certain things are getting me down or I feel I need a little help, I will create something to assist me through the time specifically.

Crystals find you and they leave you when you no longer need them any more, and I really do believe and trust in that..
_Holistica
UKFM Member

Re: Jewllery & Crystals

Postby HazelB » Tue Aug 13, 2013 2:15 pm

Hi, I too am a qualified crystal therapist and Reiki master, and like yourself Reiki and crystals are a major part of my fibro management. I find both energies complement each other perfectly. And I always have done crystal or another on me. The combination of your bracelet sounds lovely xxx
(soft hugs)
Hazel xxx
HazelB
UKFM Member

Postby _Holistica » Tue Aug 13, 2013 2:23 pm

Thanks Hazel

It really is... I have to keep looking at it and going - I made that... the colours of the stones are so pale with a few bright ones shinning out like Peridot and the Tanzanite... I've found weraing them on a bracelet or in a necklace stops me from having my pokets weighted down by the amount of stones I want with me everyday! :-)

Trying to get my reflx qulaifications as I really find that helps, and then my massage course found a holistic course that sounds like it would be ideal to have as a treatment and learning it with our condition... then I can offer what I really want.. Move away hot stones... hello Crystals!! I've had crystal aromatherapy before and man I come out looking likeI'm on something and feel on top of the world!! tis heaven... love Crystals!! Don't know what I would have done without them all these years :-)
_Holistica
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Tue Aug 13, 2013 4:43 pm

Lots of people swear by crystals and I find it really interesting some stones are lovely colours :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby _Holistica » Thu Aug 15, 2013 9:20 am

That they are... I really like Mookaite (Australian Jasper) some of it looks like toffee... although you'd be going to the dentist if you try to eat on of them..

It's really hard going to my wholesalers, I took a friend there who is also a therapist the other week... if I hadn't been Mrs Sensible pretty sure she would have spent her mortgage there... and well so would I have (if I had a mortgage)...

I grabbed loads of lovely chips to add to my collecation for making jewellery and then due to a small budget had to put loads of them away... :-( there are just too many crystals out there that are pretty...
_Holistica
UKFM Member

Postby HazelB » Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:16 am

Good luck with getting your other qualifications. I came out this morning in a rush and forgot my usual necklaces... and feel naked!!!

Mookaite is gorgeous. I'd be same in wholesaler's ...would want to spend a fortune. I don't buy as much now as I used to... purely because I don't have the money... always see things I'd like though.
(soft hugs)
Hazel xxx
HazelB
UKFM Member

Postby _Holistica » Thu Aug 15, 2013 12:35 pm

My probelm I buy things and then don't want to let them go.... I have to be strong and say 'You bought them to sell so bloody sell woman!!'

I worked in a crystal warehose once... slept so well when I did... all those lovely crystals and their energy and then my wages erm... went back in to the company :-s Hehe
_Holistica
UKFM Member

Postby HazelB » Wed Aug 21, 2013 6:40 pm

Oh my ultimate dream job would be working in a crystal warehouse... but likewise I think I'd have my wages spent before I even received them.

We have been offering Reiki and crystal therapy taster sessions at a local monthly indoor market, and selling a small amount of crystals... and I'm like that will order something to sell - then like it for myself :-)

My hubby cracks up at me... as I'll fall asleep with crystals on/around me... then he finds them all over the bed xxx
(soft hugs)
Hazel xxx
HazelB
UKFM Member

Postby _Holistica » Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:16 am

It was heavy work at times, but brilliant, the people I worked with were fantastic, and if I had stayed on there longer I may have even been able to go to festivals, but had to move home in Cheshire so dream job ended :-(

I have crystals under my pillows or on the bedside, on a huge shelf in my living room and some still wrapped up that I have recently purchased for a steal (Green Calcite was £9 and it's rare :D) but have no room for and currently no energy to sort everything out at the moment.

I have a fair at the weekend and don't have much stock left as I have rented out a cabinet at a local tourst attraction/antiques/curiosity place... I have three days to get some done and on Saturday I've planned to go to a normal whle salers to see if I can get bulk bking stuff cheaper (I've started a healthier diet and have started to bake things with Spelt flour as it is better than normal flour for carbs) then pick up cat food...

It doesn't take long to make jewellery when I get started... it's just the getting started at the moment :-(

Have you ever been to Burhouse? They are my main supplier of stones, when I brave buying some.. I use the other side of them for all my jewellery stuff...

Isn't it strange how you can't do a layout for more than 20 minutes on someone but having them all around you for hours is fine..
_Holistica
UKFM Member

Postby fibro-lu » Thu Aug 22, 2013 4:42 pm

you might find this interesting
don't know if "precious stones" are the same a "crystals

Revelation 21:19-20 (taken from: http://biblehub.com/revelation/21-20.htm)

…19
The foundation stones of the city wall were adorned with every kind of precious stone. The first foundation stone was jasper; the second, sapphire; the third, chalcedony; the fourth, emerald;
the fifth, sardonyx; the sixth, sardius; the seventh, chrysolite; the eighth, beryl; the ninth, topaz; the tenth, chrysoprase; the eleventh, jacinth; the twelfth, amethyst.

Exodus 28:17-20 (taken from: http://biblehub.com/exodus/28-18.htm)

Then mount four rows of precious stones on it. The first row shall be carnelian, chrysolite and beryl;
the second row shall be turquoise, lapis lazuli and emerald;
the third row shall be jacinth, agate and amethyst;
the fourth row shall be topaz, onyx and jasper.
all the best :cow-wave: Lu
Mind over Matter: in mind I'm Wonderwoman - in matter, well, - don't mind, doesn't matter
fibro-lu
UKFM Regular

Postby HazelB » Fri Aug 23, 2013 12:24 am

There are a few references in bible to precious stones/crystals. I once did a talk for a woman's group who meet at our local Abbey, based on how crystals were used in biblical times.
(soft hugs)
Hazel xxx
HazelB
UKFM Member

Postby _Holistica » Fri Aug 23, 2013 9:21 am

Yeah the Jewish priest breast plate has I think 12 on them one being Lapis Lazuli...

I went to uni with a very faithful Christian who said I was aginst god or something with my belief in crystals, I told her to go read the bible again and count how many times precious stones aka crystals were referenced in it... think over 100 times... :-)
_Holistica
UKFM Member

Postby fibro-lu » Fri Aug 23, 2013 12:54 pm

... SALT being another crystal being used in the Bible ...

_Holistica wrote:I went to uni with a very faithful Christian who said I was aginst god or something with my belief in crystals, I told her to go read the bible again and count how many times precious stones aka crystals were referenced in it... think over 100 times... :-)

the missunderstanding could be:
GOD as the Creator - crystals as part of GOD's creation
or in very layman's words (and not to offend) it is like
"talking to the bread instead of to the baker"
Mind over Matter: in mind I'm Wonderwoman - in matter, well, - don't mind, doesn't matter
fibro-lu
UKFM Regular

Postby HazelB » Fri Aug 23, 2013 5:10 pm

I've had that type of thing as well, both with crystals and Reiki... and how *holistic healing* doesn't work... my usual response is along the lines of " so the Bible was lying when it said Jesus had the ability to has heal"
(soft hugs)
Hazel xxx
HazelB
UKFM Member

Postby fibro-lu » Fri Aug 23, 2013 10:17 pm

taken from

http://biblehub.com/acts/9-34.htm, New International Version

Acts 9:33 - 35
... 33There he found a man named Aeneas, who had been bedridden eight years, for he was paralyzed.
34 Peter said to him, "Aeneas, Jesus Christ heals you; get up and make your bed." Immediately he got up.
35 And all who lived at Lydda and Sharon saw him, and they turned to the Lord. ...
fibro-lu
UKFM Regular

Next

Return to Craft