Handmade jewellery

A place to discuss any sort of crafting and show off your work

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Handmade jewellery

Postby gizmo72 » Sat Sep 28, 2013 7:28 pm

Hi all, I make jewellery too when my pain and foggy days. If anyone has ideas of where to sell some I would appreciate ideas :dunno: :dunno:
gizmo72
UKFM Newbie

Re: Handmade jewellery

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sat Sep 28, 2013 8:44 pm

Are there any craft fairs or markets being held in your area where you could see about a stall, or maybe book one in readiness for any Christmas fayres, markets etc :cup1: :cup1: :cup1:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby Bubsy70 » Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:43 pm

Hi gizmo72, don't know how much jewellery you have made but if you use facebook have you though about creating your own page for the things you have made, and sharing your page on some of the selling pages in your area?
Bubsy70
UKFM Newbie

Postby icklebananer » Wed Oct 09, 2013 12:44 pm

Hi i make my own jewellery occasionally ( all though not been well enough the past few months and not had the motivation)
I have a page on facebook for it feel free to check it out and use to inspire your own x
https://www.facebook.com/spanbangled

xxx
I used to have prospects but now at 25 I'm stuck in a society against helping those with long term illness. Trying to fight back one day at a time. Fibro Princess

icklebananer
UKFM Newbie

Postby Wendy B » Thu Dec 19, 2013 10:18 pm

Try Folksy, I make jewellery too and I've sold on Folksy I also have a Facebook page :-D
Wendy B
UKFM Newbie

Postby Jimmy » Mon Jan 06, 2014 11:57 am

A great platform to sell your Jeweller in UK :-P

Its Tiger Jewellery :-P . PLz visit and reply with you experience ....
Last edited by Jimmy on Fri Jan 17, 2014 8:07 am, edited 3 times in total.
Don't compare yourself to others . You have no idea what their journey is all about!
Jimmy
UKFM Newbie

Postby denys » Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:56 pm

Jimmy are you involved in this tiger jewellery by any chance, advertising isnt allowed on the forum :nono: :nono:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby bandj » Fri Jan 17, 2014 7:23 am

Hi, you could try a local shop, such sd a hairdresser. What materials do you use? I'm interested because I make jewellery too. I string beads but my favorite technique is bead weaving, on and off loom. I've done a local Christmas craft fair and didn't sell much although I did get a commission out of it! You could also host a jewellery party at home and get friends and family round for wine and nibbles, or whatever, and display your work. Most of my commissions come about because someone sees me wearing a piece and wants one too. Give it a go and good luck!
There are these three things that remain: faith, hope and love. And the greatest of these is LOVE.
1 Corinthians 13:13
bandj
UKFM Member

Postby zappa20 » Fri Jan 24, 2014 5:39 am

bandj wrote:Hi, you could try a local shop, such sd a hairdresser. What materials do you use? I'm interested because I make jewellery too. I string beads but my favorite technique is bead weaving, on and off loom. I've done a local Christmas craft fair and didn't sell much although I did get a commission out of it! You could also host a jewellery party at home and get friends and family round for wine and nibbles, or whatever, and display your work. Most of my commissions come about because someone sees me wearing a piece and wants one too. Give it a go and good luck!

If you do bead loom weaving do you need any free seed beads? Have a pile of them I'll nver use and happy to give away. I used to make a variety of jewellery years ago before my finger joints gave up the ghost due to Duputyres Contracture. Have so many crafting components stashed from years ago in this house. They were originally sent to me by a friend in America , but seem to be fairly standard sizing. Can dig them out if you'd want them.
zappa20
UKFM Member

Postby bandj » Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:07 pm

Hi Zappa,
I'd love them if you're sure. Do you do any other kind of craft? I'm just thinking maybe I could give you something in exchange? Its really kind of you :-D
There are these three things that remain: faith, hope and love. And the greatest of these is LOVE.
1 Corinthians 13:13
bandj
UKFM Member

Postby zappa20 » Sun Feb 09, 2014 3:49 am

bandj wrote:Hi Zappa,
I'd love them if you're sure. Do you do any other kind of craft? I'm just thinking maybe I could give you something in exchange? Its really kind of you :-D

Hi Bandj,

Sorry I didn't see your post. for some reason I don't get notified when a thread is updated , so lose track of my postings. I've given up all crafts now ,several fingers I can't bend at all. I'll look them out for you and get back to you for an address. Our house is still pretty full of my previous hobby materials so thanks for your kind offer but no exchange needed. Just pleased for them to be used rather than stashed in the back of a cupboard for no reason.

Be in touch shortly
zappa20
UKFM Member

Postby Jivebunnie » Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:04 pm

Hello lovely people

Wow - I didn't think they'd be many of us jewellery makers here! I've been making my own for about 8 years although I haven't touched my beads or tools for about a year now - I'm too tired! I need to get back into it as at the moment I just sleep - work, sleep - work.

:sleep:
Jivebunnie
UKFM Member

Return to Craft