Sew frustrated!!!!!

A place to discuss any sort of crafting and show off your work

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Sew frustrated!!!!!

Postby Helhit » Fri Aug 15, 2014 9:31 pm

I have a rather dilapidated old caravan that I just love and have decided to make some new curtains out of a bigger pair (if that makes sense). I have blinds up at the mo and they're a darned nuisance so I can't use the old curtains as templates.

Easy thought I - well it would have been pre fibro. Now it's a total disaster that's left me in tears and swearing and shouting at my hubby, who's only trying to help. I can't make sense of any of the measurements I've taken. The ones I've got right I've added together incorrectly, but even when told I couldn't see where I'd gone wrong.

My head feels like it can't take any more, so I've given up for today.

What's really annoying me is that I'd have had no trouble before and I feel helpless and useless. My job entails adding up figures all day long - how on earth am I ever going to get back if I can't do the simplest of sums!

I have never felt this low.
Fibro is like the wind. You can't see it and when it flares up it knocks you off your feet!
Helhit
UKFM Member

Re: Sew frustrated!!!!!

Postby denys » Fri Aug 15, 2014 10:43 pm

I found when things start to go bad with any type of crafting I need to walk away have a break for a little while and then try again. If I keep on trying when things arent right or I cant grasp something then it just gets worse and worse and I end up in a right tizz.

Go easy on yourself its just a bit of a set back, pre fibro I would grasp things really quickly but now it takes me longer so I just do it one step at a time and always double check measurements etc. before cutting :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby Iceskatemum » Sun Aug 17, 2014 5:47 am

Its so frustrating when this happens and your right pre fibro it possibly would have been so easy! Now however you have to be a bit kinder to yourself and take plenty of time. As denys says factor in short breaks and pace yourself. You are there to enjoy the experience not work at it full tilt.

I have fabric to make my daughter curtains for her bedroom and have got to the looking at the material phase, the measuring and cutting just seem so difficult at the moment , the measurements seem to dance before my eyes!
I have put it away for a while and will hopefully tackle it again in a few weeks ......just remember to take things easy , pace and most importantly measure 2 or 3 times before cutting!!
Iceskatemum
UKFM Regular

Postby Helhit » Tue Aug 19, 2014 1:32 pm

Thank you for the advice. I had a good cry, then had a word with myself. I left it for a couple of days and then went back to it.

And I've actually managed to produce two curtains that whilst aren't perfect, will do the job

I'm so happy now. What a difference a few days make :-D
Fibro is like the wind. You can't see it and when it flares up it knocks you off your feet!
Helhit
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Tue Aug 19, 2014 11:08 pm

Glad you managed in the end, well done :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Return to Craft