Knitting,Baking and Sleeping...where do i find the time?

A place to discuss any sort of crafting and show off your work

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Knitting,Baking and Sleeping...where do i find the time?

Postby TNK* » Mon Sep 15, 2014 11:06 am

I have another cake on the go, this time its not for family or friends, its for a lady who came into the restaurant where i work, she came in last year with her son on his 17th Birthday, i was looking after them and she had made a cake for him, it was a can of Monster energy drink....she admitted it was her first attempt at making a cake and she had basically just decorated a swiss roll....it did look good though...anyway another waitress took some drinks over for me and was chatting about the cake, and the woman mentioned that she wanted to get one done "properly" but couldnt find anyone local....the other waitress mentioned that I do cakes, so when i went back over, she called me a "dark horse" and asked to see some of my cakes, so of course i obliged. So FF a year and this woman comes in asking to speak to the cake making waitress, i was on shift so went over and recognised her immediately....So for this thursday I am doing her another can of Monster!!

I am also nearly finished knitting a baby cardi for my next door neighbour, they had a baby girl just over a week ago, so i thought i would get clickety clacking with the old needles, Ive just got the button hole border to do and put the buttons on and its done, cant wait to take it round and have a little squeeze of the bubba, its taken me just less than a week to make, and probably would have been quicker but ive had a couple of rest days where ive done nothing at all, i have even been taking it along when i take my daughter to her swim club, as sitting watching 30+ swimming going up and down the pool can be a bit dull! I actually think i may have found a thing to do, might even take my crocheting hook along and some scraps of wool and see how far i can get each session .

Sleep....yummy sleep, didnt get any at all last night, not one bit.....dont even know how i am managing to type this as my eyes are nearly closed due to puffiness.

Night night zzzzzz
A Dream Is A Wish Your Heart Makes When You're Fast Asleep ºOº

Jo xx
TNK*
UKFM Member

Re: Knitting,Baking and Sleeping...where do i find the time?

Postby FluppyPuffy » Mon Sep 15, 2014 12:04 pm

You'll know you've reached maximum capability when you start meeting yourself in the middle, coming backwards, about 6 times per hour :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

That is a very busy and productive time you've had, adding those couple of rest days in with the knitting was the best thing to do. Altho you may have gained a day or 2 or 3 for how long it has taken, the potential flarey problems it could have caused by doing it without such days, may well have lasted/taken longer to get over than what it has taken you to finish it.

I remember the delights of swimming lessons/clubs, doing the sitting and watching. DS was never really a water baby, and some of the comments that Competitive Mum and Dad would come out with about others and how they were impeding their Precious Little Darlings was :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: My distraction of choice was headphones, music turned up a little louder than usual, and a magazine to hide behind when :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: at Competitive Mum and Dad yelling at their Precious Little Darlings about how they're doing it all wrong, yet the parents can't swim themselves.

Hope the cakey goes down well, and that the squeezes with Bubba don't send you too clucky :blowkiss: :blowkiss: :blowkiss:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby TNK* » Mon Sep 15, 2014 12:49 pm

Luckily...do is the only child we have to do all the running around for nowadays...All the others are either grown up or just not got activities.....we really don't mind running her around to swimming club and galas...she thoroughly enjoys it all...I'm dreading a time when she needs to do the early starts. ...but she has her eyes on the Olympics some time....so what can you do?
A Dream Is A Wish Your Heart Makes When You're Fast Asleep ºOº

Jo xx
TNK*
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Mon Sep 15, 2014 1:06 pm

TNK* wrote:...she thoroughly enjoys it all...I'm dreading a time when she needs to do the early starts. ...but she has her eyes on the Olympics some time....so what can you do?

And seeing just how much they enjoy something is what makes it all so :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: and keeps us going thru those early times and the running about :f1-car: And when it comes to hopes, dreams and aspirations, we do what we do best....give them the all the love, support, and encouragement we can to try and help them realise/achieve them :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby denys » Mon Sep 15, 2014 6:23 pm

Its good that she has such a healthy interest, I hope she manages her dream but remembering one of those programmes that showed how early the early starts can be I really dont envy you or your husband having to do them :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes:

Hope the cake goes down nicely and the baby cuddles help ease things away, I cant resist anything small whether its a furbaby or a human one the cuddles are fantabulous :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D
Denys

denys
UKFM Veteran

Return to Craft