Just finished the Mona Lisa

A place to discuss any sort of crafting and show off your work

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Just finished the Mona Lisa

Postby zappa20 » Tue Nov 18, 2014 5:11 am

Painting by numbers kit and have to say it looks just like the real thing. Well what I really mean is it doesn't look like your typical painting by numbers work. Lol. Even my husband who does art as a hobby is seriously impressed with it, and no one can believe it's a kit. Most people think it's a poster of the original.

Wasn't too difficult, otherwise I could never have done it. Bought it from Schippers in. Germany. There are cheaper versions on Ebay manufactured in China, but having bought a different kit which came from China, I'm not sure it will be the same or as good. I might post the written instructions received for this Chinese kit I bought , as they're guaranteed to make you smile.
zappa20
UKFM Member

Re: Just finished the Mona Lisa

Postby Queenie_70 » Tue Nov 18, 2014 11:18 am

I think I speak for all of us when I say....can you please post a picture of it as we would love to see it:)

I miss art. I used to draw in pencil, do pen and ink sketches, watercolours, a was hoping to use oils, but then FM made my hands and knuckles so sore and my tremors would mean it would be an abstract..lol, so I have given up my one joy :(

I also used to make quilts for my family, nothing really difficult, but I would lay out the pattern, cut the shapes and spend a day or so going nuts on the machine, I hand threaded all of mine, again something I just cannot do anymore...

Please share your talent so at least I can live vicariously through you :)

xx
"Life is not measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."
Queenie_70
UKFM Member

Postby dotty lotty » Tue Nov 18, 2014 12:33 pm

I would love to something artistic but have no natural talent. :dunno:
Would love to see the finished painting Zappa.
Maybe painting by numbers might be an option as I need something other than reading and crosswords. :teddy-bear:
dotty lotty
UKFM Member

Postby zappa20 » Tue Nov 18, 2014 4:03 pm

The beauty of painting by numbers is, you don't need any artistic talent, it's like a big colouring in exercise, except you work in acrylics or oils. My natural drawing capability , is so bad I can hardly draw a matchstick man. It took a lot of hours, but was really enjoyable to see it come to life.

Highly recommended activity for anyone with some time on their hands. Sorry but I've no idea how to upload a photo, the last time I tried to insert a link, it was so big a couple of letters took up the whole page! So I had to delete it.
zappa20
UKFM Member

Return to Craft