A place to discuss any sort of crafting and show off your work

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Postby Rainbow cat » Sat Nov 22, 2014 7:52 pm

Hi all, I love to knit and have done since I was five, I knit fairy dolls, gnomes, owls, and anything quirky, it keeps me sane!!! :-) :lol: x
Rainbow cat
UKFM Newbie

Re: knitting

Postby Gracious » Tue Nov 25, 2014 11:29 pm

I like to knit too. Been knitting since I was 8 years old. Kills my hands and shoulders these days, but I pace now and try not to over do it. It takes a bit longer to complete my work, but nice to still do it. I agree it keeps you sane, very meditative too.

I find working with circular needles harder on the hands than straight needles. Though crochet is the ultimate killer on my hands, just learned how to do that this year...and currently doing Angry Birds for nephew, (they look great, will post when the set is completed).

Used to knit Afghans/throws, Arans, lots of adult clothing, but now I knit smaller projects rather than big, Scarfs, Baby stuff, toys, hats etc. Easier on the hands.

Most resent one was a Hat for my sister. below is a picture of the free pattern for Drops (though I did different colours):
hat.jpg (20.61 KiB) Viewed 3869 times

My sister was asked by one of the other mums, when at school picking up her wee boy, where she got it as they thought is was stunning, and had been admiring it :-D I'm well chuffed, they thought she had bought it. Doing a few more for christmas presents, since eveyone now wants one. Each will be different to keep them unique. Hoping I will finish them in time.

I always forget to photograph my projects, but its just nice to know the things you make for others are liked/loved and appreciated. I also find it fascinating that I forget to knit something for myself. Must get round to doing a hat for me too.

Its good to read that others with Fibro and yourself Rainbo Cat still knit and still enjoy it too. :-D
UKFM Member

Postby Ollycob » Sun Apr 05, 2015 8:46 pm

Bumping up an old thread but I'm a knitter too!

I learned to knit from my nana when I was a kid but never had the patience to sit down and do anything, now I have plenty of time on my hands (!) so I've taken it up again. I'm getting a subscription for The Art of Knitting magazine which is £2 a month, they give you a square to knit each magazine which when you finish will make a gorgeous throw, and also patterns for lots of different things from egg cosies to a hoody, cushion covers etc. I'm really enjoying it and it makes time go quickly instead of sitting and watching TV all day!
UKFM Member

Postby bandj » Thu Apr 09, 2015 8:04 pm

I like to knit and crochet too. I can only knit small items as I can't cope with too much weight. I also do beadwork and cross stitch. If I couldn't be crafty I'd go totally nuts! Craft takes my tiny brain off fibro et al! :-D
There are these three things that remain: faith, hope and love. And the greatest of these is LOVE.
1 Corinthians 13:13
UKFM Member

Postby Joan 100 » Mon Aug 03, 2015 3:00 pm

Hi I know this is an old thread but I just wanted to put my two pennies in :lol: I knit a lot especially when the pain isn't too bad. I was taught by my nana when I was 4 years old. I gave it up a few years ago as I was physically unable to do it any more I used to knit squares and turn them in to blankets. 5 months ago I started again surprised at being able to manage it I have since knitted a jumper and gloves etc but I now knit hand puppets and toys. I taught myself to read/follow knitting patterns and I find it feels like a great achievement when I finish an item I've even located a couple of life size animal knitting patterns a dog and a sheep so it will be a major achievement to complete those. :-) I like knitting as there aren't many hobby's I am able to do.
Joan 100
UKFM Member

Postby jillsjems » Tue Apr 26, 2016 10:32 pm

hi everyone :-) i'm glad to say I am still a knitter too. I have just been diagnosed and I am finding it hard sometime to finish some off my projects of. But at the moment everything has been put on hold for my sons friend has had a baby boy and he is 3lbs he is doing fine but I have been nominated to knit him some cloths. So my FM is being put on hold for as long as I can. I would love to hear from other knitters :-) :crazy: :-D
UKFM Newbie

Return to Craft