What to do?!

A place to discuss any sort of crafting and show off your work

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

What to do?!

Postby kittycatclare » Sat Aug 20, 2016 6:49 pm

Hi there... I'm sure some of you would be able to give me some ideas or pointers
I've lost a lot of interest in doing things as alot of my past fave activities involved physically doing things
I want to start something I can pick up and drop as and when .. no pressure of finish or complete.
I have tried coloured but I only found myself frustrated .. there much be something out there I can try
ladies .. gents ..anyone lol
all suggestions welcomed
thanks clare xx
kittycatclare
UKFM Member

Re: What to do?!

Postby Perfumeflower » Sat Aug 20, 2016 9:10 pm

kittycatclare wrote:Hi there... I'm sure some of you would be able to give me some ideas or pointers
I've lost a lot of interest in doing things as alot of my past fave activities involved physically doing things
I want to start something I can pick up and drop as and when .. no pressure of finish or complete.
I have tried coloured but I only found myself frustrated .. there much be something out there I can try
ladies .. gents ..anyone lol
all suggestions welcomed
thanks clare xx

Hi Clare :-)

I used to do string art many years ago and although it is a bit fiddly you can make some lovely pictures and when eventually finished you can stand back and admire them and hang them on your walls. I also do Art Therapy. The name says it all.Colouring can be very relaxing and therapeutic to the mind.

Making jewellery is fun too but also fiddly if you have pain with your hands.So you could try on the days when the pain is not so bad...

As we will be approaching the end of summer soon and we can expect to be bombarded with all the early Christmas advertising everywhere :yikes: maybe you could try making your own hand made Christmas cards? stamping or sticking them with pretty Christmas designs,or handmade crackers with little toiletry, make-up items or chocolates to go inside them.(i.e Ferrero Rocher,Quality Street,Roses etc)

You could personalise the crackers and they would be a lovely idea to give to family and friends as gifts.

Another personal favourite of mine is making sweet trees. Although they are fairly easy to make,they are also fiddly and a bit time consuming so patience is a virtue as they say. :crazy: You can also drop and pick up as and when you feel you are able to carry on.

I would love to show you some I made last year for my wedding but not sure if I can upload photos on here? I made a Ferrero Rocher one,a marshmallow one with pink and white marshmallows (the wedding colour theme was pink and white) a Roses one and a Quality Street one. I also made a couple for the small children - Jelly Tots and a Haribo Starmix one.

You can also use flowers to make the trees with..I made 4 rose trees for my wedding too!

Hope these suggestions help! :-)

Perfumeflower x
Perfumeflower
UKFM Member

Postby LindyM66 » Wed Aug 24, 2016 6:45 am

Hi Claire,

I taught myself to crochet 2 years ago and I absolutely love it. Never in a million years did I think I would take an interest in crochet.
Have a wee walk round Hobbycraft or a similar shop and you may get something that jumps out at you.

Much Love
Lindy x
LindyM66
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Thu Aug 25, 2016 4:52 pm

Perfumeflower wrote:
would love to show you some I made last year for my wedding but not sure if I can upload photos on here? I made a Ferrero Rocher one,a marshmallow one with pink and white marshmallows (the wedding colour theme was pink and white) a Roses one and a Quality Street one. I also made a couple for the small children - Jelly Tots and a Haribo Starmix one.

You can also use flowers to make the trees with..I made 4 rose trees for my wedding too!

Hope these suggestions help! :-)

Perfumeflower x

You can upload piccies onto the forum. There was a topic on how to do it, I'll try to find it for you xx Alternatively, if you use something like Photobucket or Google Photos, you can set an album to be seen by anyone and post the linky to it for peeps to have a looky at the pretties you create xx
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby kittycatclare » Thu Aug 25, 2016 7:59 pm

I have got myself my crochet books and equipment lol
so far I've got no where except annoyed .. any pointers? I'm not a beginner I'm clueless lol oh and can not understand the instructions they might as well be in another language lol
kittycatclare
UKFM Member

Postby kittycatclare » Thu Aug 25, 2016 8:30 pm

This I may have a photo of my last project done for my parents
Attachments
20160811_064230.jpg
His was my last project for my parents .. loved doing it
20160811_064230.jpg (1.99 MiB) Viewed 2715 times
kittycatclare
UKFM Member

Postby LindyM66 » Fri Aug 26, 2016 7:28 am

Hi Claire

What a lovely gift for your parents. Something to treasure.
I was exactly the same when I started learning to crochet. All I could manage was a lopsided square lol
Use you tube to learn all the basic stitches, then do granny squares, and once your confident, move on to other things. I used to look at the patterns and think it may as well be written in swahili - I hadnt a clue. Stick at it and you'll be surprised what you're able to do. I tried to upload a pic of my current project, but the pic is too big. I'll try and make it smaller ( or get my hubby to lol).

Much Love
Lindy x
LindyM66
UKFM Member

Postby LindyM66 » Wed Sep 14, 2016 7:33 am

This is my current work in progress. A mandala. 18 parts to it , this is a pic at 14. Im working on 15.
I've enjoyed making this, and definitely going to do another.
For size reference - it's on a double bed.

Much Love
Lindy x
Attachments
20160914_072843.jpg
20160914_072843.jpg (3.66 MiB) Viewed 2485 times
LindyM66
UKFM Member

Return to Craft