crochet anyone?

A place to discuss any sort of crafting and show off your work

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

crochet anyone?

Postby solsticedreamer » Tue May 10, 2011 11:42 am

i have knitted for years but always fancied crochet but could never get the hang of it...once i even burst into tears and threw a hook across the room :swear1:

then last year i decided to have another go~well now you cant stop me i am obsessed :woot:

well i say 'you cant stop me' but my fibro does...of course :roll:

its always the pain in my hands, wrists and elbows that does it. somedays i just cant pick up my work, but when the worst of the pain gravitates elsewhere leaving my arms not quite as bad i get some of it done.
sometimes i just bloody-minded and go for it.
here we have a standing joke of 'just work through it' which is what a doctor told my partner about his back-so i just work through it just to get an extra few rows in.

to be honest just typing this is hurting and the pain is spreading but if i stopped doing something everytime it started hurting i would be an imoveable blob sitting on the sofa :roll:

m.e~fibro~diabetes~high cholesterol...still smiling!
http://solsticedreamer-woolblankets.blogspot.com/
solsticedreamer
UKFM Member

Re: crochet anyone?

Postby denys » Tue May 10, 2011 6:02 pm

Love the flower, crochet is one thing I have never been able to get the hang of but always wanted a try :( :( :( :(
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby budda » Wed May 11, 2011 2:22 am

Me to, love the flower, well done you :clap: :clap:
budda
UKFM Regular

Postby solsticedreamer » Wed May 11, 2011 12:38 pm

thank you :)

crochet is far easier than knitting once the basics are known and much more forgiving with mistakes as well...handy when i forget stitches :lol:

i bought myself a book but really struggled and in the end used various youtube videos...it probably took me less than a week to get all the basic stitches and thats with fibro fog :!:
solsticedreamer
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Wed May 11, 2011 1:25 pm

The flower is very pretty :flowers:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby princess » Thu May 19, 2011 6:18 pm

When you have sore hands crochet is a good thing to do.
Every thought of making squares and sewing themtogether and making a blanket it dosent take long.
I used to make them and hand them into the Dog and cat home.
(plain ones for dog and cats and the squares i made for each of the kids) handly for settee if anyone isnt too well as they are warm.
Crochet is one thing you can use all the odd wool up with eh.
Well done you.
princess
UKFM Regular

Postby cherryblossom » Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:28 pm

Hi. I crochet as well. Mainly blankets of various sorts but I really love it, my mum taught me when I was quite young but have only recently started it again to try and keep my hands supple as they often hurt alot. And it is great for using up all those odd bits of wool as someone said. Enjoy! Cherry :blowkiss:
cherryblossom
UKFM Member

Postby Hjp75 » Thu Jun 23, 2011 6:40 am

I can but not done for years, my mum hot back into doing it about a year ago to help her stop smoking. She failed but she's still doing crochet lol

♥εїз H εїз♥
Hjp75
UKFM Member

Postby solsticedreamer » Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:13 am

i have to admit i do continue working away unless my elbows and shoulders really get painful and i get a numbness~i have found crochet is very addictive!
if we go on a long journey and i think there might be traffic jams etc i have something in my bag to pull out and do a few rows or circles :D
solsticedreamer
UKFM Member

Postby MiaS » Mon Jul 25, 2011 11:11 am

I'm an addicted crocheter? too, I can't sit down in the evening doing nothing as I get all fidgity, it's easier than knitting as some one said and beginners can do so many easy things like squares and just sew them together to make anything you like, give it a go :) Love the flower
MiaS
UKFM Member

Postby Bebbe » Mon Sep 12, 2011 12:48 pm

Hi, I am also addicted I only learnt how to crochet at the beginning of this year by watching Youtube videos, I only make toys and have quite a collection now of Sackboys from Sony's little big planet I have also made Spongebob(from my own pattern) and many other toys I am currently making Bowser from Supermario for my brother. I also have other pictures on DeviantART under the name mrsroppa.
DSCF1130.JPG
DSCF1130.JPG (49.75 KiB) Viewed 8655 times
DSCF1126.JPG
DSCF1126.JPG (106.55 KiB) Viewed 8654 times
Bebbe
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Wed Sep 14, 2011 8:22 pm

There are really cute Bebbe :D :clap: :clap:
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby denys » Wed Sep 14, 2011 8:25 pm

They are really great :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Denys

denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby Bebbe » Thu Sep 15, 2011 12:39 pm

Thank you :D
Bebbe
UKFM Member

Postby Twins Mum » Tue Sep 20, 2011 8:50 am

What lovely things you have made ladies, I am just starting out on teaching myself the art. I have wanted to do it for years. I can knit but I fancy something different. I started off by doing crochet edge socks but I am now trying a big granny square blanket. I suppose the real test will be trying to read a pattern and getting the work to look right :D
Twins Mum
UKFM Newbie

Next

Return to Craft