The visitor

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

The visitor

Postby whoami » Thu Oct 24, 2013 7:25 am

Well I knew it was coming. I felt it in my bones. As it got closer my migraine started. The stiffness and pain in my knees and hips reminded me that it was the start of a long cold painful time, as if I wasn't experiencing both the pain and always being cold.

The hot bath called me thinking to itself..I can help! Ha! And then as I sat, covered with a quilt, a hot water bottle on each hip, I looked out across the field, I watched, it came closer. I could see the grey blanket it was hidden under. The wind blowing it along quickly as if to shake off the grey.

Suddenly, out of nowhere the sun appeared, grabbing that grey blanket, tossing it aside. I felt the heat that radiated from the orange glow. I knew it was not to last.

Drinking the last of my hot tea, wondering why it hadn't warmed me up, I saw it. Right at the front door. Gently tapping, a reminder that it was here....... It was here.

I pulled the quilt around my shoulders. I took a deep breath, sighed. Rubbing my hips I knew that it was going to make its presence known. It was going to smile through the beautiful vision of crystals, reflected by the sun to make its presence more appealing.

I knew it was here. I knew it was going to be a long painful visit. I knew I had to accept that this beautiful thing was going to inflict my every move. I knew what it was that brought so much joy to others and brought so much sorrow to me.

I knew. I knew it was snow!
[i][b]

Expect the worst in life you won't be disapointed and you'll be prepared!
whoami
UKFM Regular

Re: The visitor

Postby fibro-lu » Thu Oct 24, 2013 9:07 am

that's absolutely fabulous :-D
and brings it up to the point
:snowgrumpy:
here in the UK it's more the rain that brings it on

thank you for sharing
:hugs:
:blowkiss:
Attachments
Villages on Sorbotn lake, Norway.jpg
Villages on Sorbotn lake, Norway
Villages on Sorbotn lake, Norway.jpg (103.68 KiB) Viewed 2036 times
all the best :cow-wave: Lu
Mind over Matter: in mind I'm Wonderwoman - in matter, well, - don't mind, doesn't matter
fibro-lu
UKFM Regular

Postby whoami » Thu Oct 24, 2013 11:07 am

I am from North Yorkshire so I am familiar with winters in the UK.

Wonderful picture!

Our first snow arrived yesterday, it is still here today!
[i][b]

whoami
UKFM Regular

Postby FluppyPuffy » Thu Oct 24, 2013 6:50 pm

I've jiffled you over onto the board for poems and writings with how wonderfully you've put this Lorraine :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby whoami » Thu Apr 24, 2014 5:14 pm

The visitor left. The last trace of his being slowly travelled down through the garden and out to the road. The sunshine beckoned him, saying it was time. The visit had been a long, cold one. He stayed exactly 6 months from the day he blew into my garden.

It has been a long winter. A very cold winter. A winter that left the plants sleeping peacefully under 5' of snow on my garden. I often wondered how they would survive. They did.

As I walked about yesterday the sights of another season showed their faces. Tulip and daff bulbs had pushed through the different just giving me a glimpse of what is to come. English daisies, small but mighty they are, blooming on the rock garden and this year venturing onto the lawn. Two bright primroses had bloomed, a yellow and a purple. The rest not quite sure.

I sit here looking out my front window, the sunshine reminding me just how badly the windows need cleaning. The robins listening for worms in still semi frozen ground. Tiny birds building nests. All doing what comes naturally.

Then, to my surprise, I hear that noon hour voice of the weather forecaster on the telly. Updating us that the weather has changed, temperatures above zero, sunny, slight winds. Why did he grab my attention? It is the visitor!

Our friend has decided he wants to prolong his time with us. Apparently , north of us 20cm of the white fluffy stuff is expected!
Well what can I say...it is what it is,
[i][b]

whoami
UKFM Regular

Postby Bobby16 » Fri Jun 09, 2017 7:40 pm

Beautiful.
Bobby16
UKFM Member

Return to Your writings, poems etc.