severe back pain

Anything to do with the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

severe back pain

Postby littlesinger1 » Mon Aug 03, 2015 1:27 am

Hi just wondering if anyone has experienced back pain,I've had it for over a week and the pains terrible in my lower back.
littlesinger1
UKFM Newbie

Re: severe back pain

Postby UnderSiege » Mon Aug 03, 2015 2:28 am

Hi.

Lower back pain? Always and forever. I've had arthritis of sacro-iliac joint for 20 years. There's never a day I don't have some level of pain from it though the low level pain I'm used to (compared to a pain 'tourist')
It's all the constantly strained and cramping muscles and the arthritis creeping into knees and shoulders that give me the worst times.
UnderSiege
UKFM Member

Postby pommybear » Tue Aug 11, 2015 12:58 pm

sadly most days, its lower down .the tens machine sometimes help
pommybear
UKFM Member

Postby Queenie_70 » Tue Aug 11, 2015 7:14 pm

Littlesinger1,

I tend to go to sleep on my belly, but at the same time I have to be propped up, so my back is put under a lot of stress. I am a typical female and carry stress along my shoulders and neck, but my lower back is a fight I have had since I was 11 and broke my tail bone...do not do this..lol...it really hurts and will haunt you.

I think with the problems that fibro can cause muscle issues, in all parts of the body, is something that we need to know that we will have to learn to deal with.

Make sure that it is not your kidneys though. Cranberry juice will flush them out, but if it is muscular, then heat and ice alternately, along with, if you can tolerate it, ibuprofen will help relax the muscles a little and provide some relief.

xxx
"Life is not measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."
Queenie_70
UKFM Member

Postby Jull » Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:50 am

When I sit for too long, my back is painful when I change the sitting pose. It's quite terrible.
My shoulders are painful as well.
Jull
UKFM Member

Postby Eian Mcneely » Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:21 am

Back pain is here to stay, you can minimize it but cannot completely eliminate it.
Eian Mcneely
UKFM Member

Return to Doctors & Health Services