My GP left me in tears

Anything to do with the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

My GP left me in tears

Postby tintagel » Mon Jul 20, 2015 11:11 am

HI, My fibro is worsening considerably and I went to see my GP last Friday, as my son is getting married in 3 weeks and I just don't want to be dizzy ,or unable to talk/eat due to the TMD. I took my husband with me because my GP is often dismissive and short with me and I wanted my husband to see it first hand, as I'm not sure he really believed me.

We went in and I told my Dr that I had a couple of new problems. He immediately remarked he was 'mindful of time'. He never felt my jaw or anything and then told me 'you are the most challenging patient I have and that's out of fifteen thousand!' I was devastated and burst into tears. He said take 3 more gaberpentine a day, he knows they don't work for me at all, and showed me the door. I just sobbed all the way home.

I still can't get his words out of my head, I might be a challenge but it doesn't mean I don't need his care!
tintagel
UKFM Member

Re: My GP left me in tears

Postby cdcrossy » Mon Jul 20, 2015 12:59 pm

i know how you feel my gp is as useless as tits on a bull i usually have to tell him what to do, i can only discuss 1 issue at a time with him as there is a 10 min per patient rule and if you want to discuss anything else u have to book a double appointment. but now i have to have a telephone consultation then if the dr wants me to come in then i come in. and getting anything done with him is a nightmare i just write a letter to the surgery now as i think my dr just got taught how to treat colds and fevers.
cdcrossy
UKFM Member

Postby Patsb » Mon Jul 20, 2015 2:39 pm

Hence the reason I haven't been to my Drs for 2 years! I gave up trying to explain how I felt after 3 yrs of being fobbed off with anti depressants and pain killers. :evil:
Patsb
UKFM Member

Postby Clifford » Wed Aug 05, 2015 9:43 am

mine's not so rude and uncaring as that, but he is useless! To be fair though, how can anyone really be expected to "care" for 15,000 people?
Clifford
UKFM Newbie

Postby fibro-lu » Fri Aug 14, 2015 4:56 pm

hi

my advice

see someone else
don't waste your time

best wishes
all the best :cow-wave: Lu
Mind over Matter: in mind I'm Wonderwoman - in matter, well, - don't mind, doesn't matter
fibro-lu
UKFM Regular

Postby cdcrossy » Tue Aug 18, 2015 10:20 am

mine always says i can only go threw 1 thing at a time if there is more than 1 thing make a double appointment hahahah. and now u have to ring up which takes ages to get threw then u have to speak to a dr then the dr decides if you need to come in or not. its a complete joke.
cdcrossy
UKFM Member

Postby laura.dorans » Thu Feb 18, 2016 8:22 pm

I must be lucky, I have a really nice doctor who lets discuss as many things as you like in the 10 minute time frame, I have stuck with the same doctor for many years and I feel as if I can talk to her about anything and open up to her and I usually see once a month
laura.dorans
UKFM Member

Postby Claire'scomfycorner » Thu Feb 18, 2016 9:34 pm

I changed doctor recently and my new doctor could not be more understanding. Please change doctor, you don't have to put up with him!
Claire
x
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia :) x
Claire'scomfycorner
UKFM Member

Return to Doctors & Health Services