life expectency

Anything to do with the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

life expectency

Postby robbiecramp » Tue Oct 06, 2015 6:35 pm

I have been with a very good doctor who I saw everytime I went until the other Friday when he left. During having fibromyalgia we have discussed medications and physio pain management and the medications we have tried some left them but basically ended up on a lot of meds. I have recently lost my brother to heart disease and he was in a terrible state with ulcers on his legs that were riddled with infections. basically he could hardly move very far and after his death I had a cholesterol blood test and it was quite high so have spoke to him before he left and the view was statins as the history in the family. I have statins now and they seem to be ok now but the doctor I saw today prescribed me back Tramadol as the dr I saw couple of weeks ago stopped them. His view was this given the history and the pain and the possibility that my Creation Kinase blood test came back at 133 which he said was normal but given my pain fatigue it could also be part of a diagnosis of ME/CFS and the new name is systemic exertion intolerance disease (SEID) so now got that assessment to look forward to on 28th Septemeber. The GP told me you can have the meds and possible have a shorter life expectancy between 5&10 years but have a sort of life where even though I get tired I can still do it or have them taken off me and suffer in the pain where unable to move and given time the expectancy would be shorter. Has anyone else ever been told this.

Robbie
robbiecramp
UKFM Member

Re: life expectency

Postby SchroedingersCat » Tue Oct 06, 2015 8:02 pm

No.

But then I don't have meds or see a GP so I guess none of the above applies to me anyway
SchroedingersCat
UKFM Member

Return to Doctors & Health Services