Pain management

Anything to do with the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Pain management

Postby laura.dorans » Tue Feb 23, 2016 12:51 pm

what should I expect on my first assessment appointment and what should I take along with me?
laura.dorans
UKFM Member

Re: Pain management

Postby laura.dorans » Sat Mar 05, 2016 12:34 pm

I have my appointment on Wednesday 9th march :-|
laura.dorans
UKFM Member

Postby Gracious » Sun Mar 06, 2016 8:22 am

You dont have to do this. but when I went to my first Pain Clinic Assessment I took with me details of my Medical history, including dates when symptoms happened and when things were diagnosed. I also took a list of current medication with me and a list of previous medication and treatments. Another good thing is to draw/print of a diagram of the body and shade in the areas of pain you experience, people cant see pain and the diagram allows them to see it and helps you to explain it.

I do this because I dont always remember everything and I want medical professionals to make informed decision when it comes to my treatment.

Hope this is of some help, good luck with your appointment.

Loving kindness
Gracious
Gracious
UKFM Member

Postby Patsb » Sun Mar 06, 2016 2:45 pm

Gracious wrote:You dont have to do this. but when I went to my first Pain Clinic Assessment I took with me details of my Medical history, including dates when symptoms happened and when things were diagnosed. I also took a list of current medication with me and a list of previous medication and treatments. Another good thing is to draw/print of a diagram of the body and shade in the areas of pain you experience, people cant see pain and the diagram allows them to see it and helps you to explain it.

I do this because I dont always remember everything and I want medical professionals to make informed decision when it comes to my treatment.

Loving kindness
Gracious

When I got my appointment it included a diagram of the body telling me to put a cross on most painful areas .
Patsb
UKFM Member

Postby laura.dorans » Sun Mar 06, 2016 10:30 pm

Patsb wrote:
Gracious wrote:You dont have to do this. but when I went to my first Pain Clinic Assessment I took with me details of my Medical history, including dates when symptoms happened and when things were diagnosed. I also took a list of current medication with me and a list of previous medication and treatments. Another good thing is to draw/print of a diagram of the body and shade in the areas of pain you experience, people cant see pain and the diagram allows them to see it and helps you to explain it.

Loving kindness
Gracious

When I got my appointment it included a diagram of the body telling me to put a cross on most painful areas .

I have had this to and sent it in
laura.dorans
UKFM Member

Return to Doctors & Health Services