Problem getting diagnosed.

Anything to do with the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Problem getting diagnosed.

Postby Shellbell » Fri Mar 18, 2016 11:38 am

I have been suffering with widespread pain since March 2015. I have been to the GP so many times it feels like my 2nd home lol.
I finally was reffered to Rheumatologist who done more blood tests and arranged an ultrasound of my joints.
All tests came back clear for arthritis and I was diagnosed with a chronic pain condition. Having looked into all of my symptons many times I knew fibro could be a possibility and asked if this was what I was sufferring from. Rheumatologist advised I am showing all indicators that this is what it is but why put that label on it as it wont change the treatment plan. I have since attended pain clinic and also been advised by the doctor there that I have fibro yet noone will diagnose me with this???
Has anyone else encountered this??
Any suggestions what to do going forward???
Thanks in advance xxx
Shellbell
UKFM Newbie

Re: Problem getting diagnosed.

Postby SchroedingersCat » Fri Mar 18, 2016 3:09 pm

I don't mean to be rude, but why does it matter? If they're treating you for it anyway?
SchroedingersCat
UKFM Member

Postby Shellbell » Fri Mar 18, 2016 4:43 pm

Well most importantly it matters for travel insurance purposes. Chronic pain disorder/syndrome is not a coverable syndrome so i wouldnt be covered if I had to claim on any travel insurance policies.
Shellbell
UKFM Newbie

Postby SchroedingersCat » Fri Mar 18, 2016 5:47 pm

Fair enough. I don't go abroad so that didn't occur to me
SchroedingersCat
UKFM Member

Return to Doctors & Health Services