Norfolk - what services, anyone 'in the know'?

Anything to do with the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Norfolk - what services, anyone 'in the know'?

Postby SharnieB » Thu Sep 01, 2016 9:34 am

Hi all

I'm new to finding our what services there are for fibro in Norfolk, but not new to fibro. I was diagnosed about 2 years ago at Addenbrookes and discharged straightaway on diagnosis. A few weeks back the Norfolk CFS/ME service diagnosed me with CFS/ME too and I'm the waiting list to see the CFS Occupational Therapist.

I've kinda neglected myself the past few years :nono: as I've been focused on caring and supporting my teen (and now adult) son with Aspergers & mental health issues. But now it's time for me.

I have a nice GP and we are trying pregabalin again as I stopped taking it when side effect of increasing the dose too quickly interfered with caring for my son. The GP does listen and I see him every 3 weeks now to keep moving things forward. :-)

I've seen chiropractor, had 8 NHS sessions, but that's the limit on the NHS for that and so if I want to see him again it's private. Chiropractor treatment only helps for a few days then muscle pain etc is back to how it was. :(

Sooooooo my big question is - what is on offer in Norfolk? Who could I be asking to be referred to? Is there anything out there....... :?:

Thanks

xx
SharnieB
UKFM Newbie

Re: Norfolk - what services, anyone 'in the know'?

Postby tonydin » Sat Sep 10, 2016 4:45 pm

i i live in north suffolk nothing that iv found to help saw n&n rummmy 5 yeas on from dx , but really only told to gental exersise more and to stop doing heavey exersise at work

was told i was lazey so not happy at all really we cant win
tony
tonydin
UKFM Member

Postby LindyM66 » Sun Sep 11, 2016 7:37 am

You could ask your GP to refer you to a pain management clinic - they may be helpful.
The OTs can also provide you with aids to make life a bit easier at home, for example, furniture risers if your sofa is too low.
I find that heat helps me. I also have a massage chair. It's trial and error to find out what helps you.
And as Tony suggested, gentle exercises. Pace yourself ( something I'm still learning about) and don't over do it, even when you feel good.
Much Love
Lindy x
LindyM66
UKFM Member

Postby SharnieB » Sun Sep 11, 2016 8:49 am

Thanks everyone

I finally decided to join the local fibro support grp and it's great timing as they are having a big conference to 2 weeks with the pain clinic doing presentations etc :-D :-D :-D

Sharon xx
SharnieB
UKFM Newbie

Postby LindyM66 » Tue Sep 13, 2016 7:04 am

Great Sharon :-) I hope you find useful info and I'm sure the support will help no end.

Much Love
Lindy x
LindyM66
UKFM Member

Return to Doctors & Health Services