Do I just suffer then???

Anything to do with the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Do I just suffer then???

Postby Maggie53 » Wed Nov 30, 2016 12:30 pm

Been back and forwards to doctors over the past year, mainly with complete exhaustion. Had blood tests (again) last month which he wasn't happy with, so more last week, when I saw him yesterday he said that apart from my blood count being a bit low everything else had settled down so probably had had a virus. He also put my thyroxine dose down from 100mg a day to 75mg a day as he thought the dose was too high, been on that dose for nearly 30 years. Anyway he said he thinks the exhaustion is to do with the fibromyalgia, but 'as he didn't know much about the condition he was at a loss what to suggest' and said there were no doctors in my area with expertise in the condition. So that's it then, just carry on suffering, it's hard to do every day things now, am living on ready meals because I can't stand long enough to cook, and it's hard just even eating, I'm so exhausted, but it's not that I'm tired it's a complete exhaustion in all my muscles, but there's nothing to show that anything is wrong medically!!!!
Maggie53
UKFM Member

Re: Do I just suffer then???

Postby LindyM66 » Tue Dec 06, 2016 8:18 am

Hi Maggie,

Request that your GP refers you to a rheumatologist.
I had to do that. Well, the consultant at A & E actually called my GP and requested it, after I presented myself there, twice!
Id been to see my GP and he was very flippant, and told me to self refer to physio. He wasn't interested at all.
Anyhoo-long story short. I was seen by a rheumatologist, received a diagnosis and she recommended meds which she thought would help. Its a case of trial and error with meds, and sometimes needs a cocktail of different ones.
Push for a referral, Maggie. With a diagnosis, you can access treatment options, you may be entitled to certain benefits, you may also be entitled to help from social work, with regards aids and modifications to you home, to make life easier.

Much Love
L x
LindyM66
UKFM Member

Re: Do I just suffer then???

Postby Maggie53 » Tue Dec 13, 2016 1:44 pm

Hi Lindy,
Already seen rheumatologist years ago who diagnosed fibromyalgia, things were not too bad until my doctor left and new young chap replaced her, he's not really interested. Been assessed but cannot receive any benefits as I'm 'not ill enough'. I'm feeling a bit more positive at the moment though, although have got yet another cold, I cannot take much in way of medication as I react badly to them, but am on very low dose Mirtazapine, I am now only doing one thing a day, then resting, I.e. babysitting I'm morning then laying down in afternoon, also found by going to bed at 9pm I sleep better than going later. I been to hospital for tests so many times I can't be bothered to go anymore.
Maggie53
UKFM Member

Return to Doctors & Health Services