Our 2012 Accounts

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Our 2012 Accounts

Postby Fibroduck Foundation » Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:16 pm

Dearest Ducklings

We have been working hard behind the scenes at the Duckery to get our first set of annual accounts in order. Please note that the accounting year end for Fibroduck Foundation is 12th June, and these accounts run up to 12/6/2012. Donations made after that date will be included in the next year's accounts, so don't panic if you were expecting there to be more reported.

The total income to 12/6/12 was £3,354.09. This includes takings from the Duck shop, which was open at that time.

We are not required to present the accounts for 2013 until next year, but it will give you a much better idea of where we are if I share some of the early figurework. Please bear in mind that these figures are still subject to audit, including a stocktake, so they could change slightly.

Total income (including the now-closed shop) up to 12/6/13 is £6,047.97. This figure is made up of the bank balance as at 12/6/13, and the value of stock and fundraising equipment (promotional items, stationery items, collecting buckets, race night kit, duck suits and so on). So, it's not all cash, but it all belongs to Fibroduck Foundation as a going concern.

There is some bad news and then more good news.

The bad news is that, since I have not taken any expenses for things such as stationery, shop supplies, duck suits, collection buckets etc, which I paid for out of my own pocket, Fibroduck Foundation presently owes me £971.09.

The more good news is that, having discussed it with the wife, for all of five minutes, we decided that we need research to happen more than we need the money back, so we have decided to make the whole £971.09 a personal donation from us to the Fibroduck Foundation. We figure that if our supporters are busting a gut making music tracks to sell, getting their heads shaved, selling Fibroduck themed items, cake baking, making jewellery, running marathons and running fundraising events, it's the least we can do to step up to the plate and join them.

For reasons to do with HMRC rules, the expenses have to be seen to be paid back to me, and then I have to officially make the donation to the charity, so, when we publish the accounts, if you are wondering, that is why it's done that way.

We look forward to publishing the 2012 accounts as soon as they are accepted by HMRC (it can take a few weeks for this to happen). We are also hoping to find an accountant who won't charge - or won't charge much - to lodge the accounts for us.

This is our first set of accounts, and we are very grateful to our Treasurer, Andrew Dawson, for the time and effort he has put in to make sense of my shoe-boxes of receipts, my notebooks and postal receipt books, and the tangled web of Paypal transactions. Many of you will remember that Paypal were spectacularly unhelpful at various points during the past two years - which is why we no longer accept Paypal donations and moved to Just Giving instead.

The 2013 accounts will be presented officially this time next year, and I will aim to give you another update of where we are at that time.

We'd like to take this opportunity to thank all of you who continue to support us and the work that we do. Together we are making a difference <3
The Fibroduck Foundation is dedicated to fundraising for Fibromyalgia research.
http://www.fibroduckfoundation.com/
Fibroduck Foundation
UKFM Member

Re: Our 2012 Accounts

Postby denys » Sun Oct 06, 2013 1:13 pm

That is fantastic news and what a healthy set of accounts. You and your wife deserve all our thanks for your lovely donation not only the money but all the time you spend. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Return to Fibroduck Foundation