Introduce yourself ((xx))

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Re: Introduce yourself ((xx))

Postby *Lisa* » Thu Mar 30, 2017 10:30 am

:welcome: to the forum Kezzabella :-D

Alot of animal lovers here :dogrun1:

I have 5 piggies guinea_pi_1 guinea_pi_1 guinea_pi_1 guinea_pi_1 guinea_pi_1 and a dog :dogrun1:
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby Tori1971 » Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:40 am

Hi, I'm Tori, was told about 3 weeks ago that I have fybro.

I'm new to all this and would like some advice about I can ease my symptoms please.

I'm 46, live my my better half and have a 17 yr old son and a dog.

Please, Please help?
Tori1971
UKFM Newbie

Postby *Lisa* » Fri Mar 31, 2017 12:37 pm

Hi Tori & :welcome:

What symptoms do you have that you need advice on as many of us have widespread pain and some have pain in located areas.

As you just been diagnosed what pain management have the doctors given?

There are many medications and therapies that can help ease symptoms but im afraid its a trial and error as we all respond to different treatments.

The doctors normaly start with Amitripyline and physio, this is standered in most areas but there is so much more that can help.

This link is a good place to start, gives you an idea of treatments... http://ukfibromyalgia.com/pages/quick-help.php

Remember to click on the bold words for additional information
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby Akardy » Sat May 27, 2017 10:53 pm

Hello all,

I'm Oliver. I posted a little hello elsewhere on this site a couple of months back but I thought I might try posting on here to see if anyone wants to chat at all. I'm pretty stressed out at the moment, I've not been able to work for the last couple of years and have an appeal tribunal for my assessment of being fit to work in a couple of weeks and have no idea what I'm going to do if I lose. So would love to chat to anyone who's been through something similar there for one.

But also anything else that distracts me from that looming disaster for a bit is appreciated! Anyway, hope everyone's well!
Akardy
UKFM Newbie

Postby *Lisa* » Tue May 30, 2017 11:41 am

Hi Oliver,

Im stressy to :crazy: waiting on PIP assessment outcome and need moneys for health desperatly so anxious times. If you fail you can re apply but not sure of time frame? maybe straight away. Would have a look for u but am bedbound with disc problems so bare with me.

I thunk there is info on the DWP boards that may help.
*Lisa*

Postby LindyM66 » Tue May 30, 2017 1:08 pm

Hi Oliver,

I'm not knowledgeable about these things, so unfortunately, I don't have info that could help alleviate some of that stress.
I can imagine how stressful it must be though.
I still work full time - at the moment, however, I've been signed off at the request of Occupational Health Dept until mid July. If I haven't had MRI and various other tests done, it could be longer. Thankfully, I get full pay for 6 months, then half pay for 6 months.
But if I'm being honest, it has crossed my mind, " what if I can't go back to work?"
Blooming awful that the worry of financial stress, adds to the already debilitating symptoms.
Fingers crossed for a positive outcome, Oliver.

Much Love
Lindy x
LindyM66
UKFM Member

Previous

Return to Where to Say Hello