Introduce yourself ((xx))

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Re: Introduce yourself ((xx))

Postby LindyM66 » Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:19 am

Hi to everyone new to the forum :-)

Whitefam - I get you!

I too have widespread pain. When it first developed, I was like the tin man! Every joint and muscle felt like Id been beaten with the branch of a very big tree. The worst area is my backside - don't you be laughing now :-) it feels as if Ive been booted, numerous times, by a donkey, wearing steal toes caps! Its always painful, somedays worse than others. This is where my little friend, the heat pad comes in - oh what a life saver. I plonk it ontop of my pressure cushion, plug it in, and away we go. It's lovely! Keeps my butt muscles warm, which in turn, prevents my hamstrings tightening.
Trial and error for relief, unfortunately. There's no " one size fits all" - which is a shame!
I hope your son, your hubby and yourself, get some relief soon. People don't realise how debilitating fibromyalgia can be.

Much Love
Lindy x
LindyM66
UKFM Member

Re: Introduce yourself ((xx))

Postby Whitefam » Fri Nov 10, 2017 12:47 pm

Hi Lindy

Thank you! I'm definitely not laughing as I've experienced the butt pain too. And I completely agree with your explanation of being kicked by a donkey! The doctors haven't so far mentioned fibromyalgia to me, it's just that I've researched it over the last couple of years because of my son's condition and it all seems to fit with my own symptoms as well now.
I've read through a few threads on here as I wanted to know if there was anyone else with family members suffering too and I found there's quite a few. It doesn't make me feel good to know there's so many people suffering but I'm comforted by the fact that we are not alone. We do a good impression of the living dead each morning!
Although we all have our down days we mostly keep each other going, luckily we all have a good sense of humour - it does sometimes feel like the big man up there is having a laugh at our expense!
Anyway, I'm off to the pain management clinic today, see what they have to say.

Take care

NICKY
Whitefam
UKFM Newbie

Previous

Return to Where to Say Hello