Introduce yourself ((xx))

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Re: Introduce yourself ((xx))

Postby LindyM66 » Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:19 am

Hi to everyone new to the forum :-)

Whitefam - I get you!

I too have widespread pain. When it first developed, I was like the tin man! Every joint and muscle felt like Id been beaten with the branch of a very big tree. The worst area is my backside - don't you be laughing now :-) it feels as if Ive been booted, numerous times, by a donkey, wearing steal toes caps! Its always painful, somedays worse than others. This is where my little friend, the heat pad comes in - oh what a life saver. I plonk it ontop of my pressure cushion, plug it in, and away we go. It's lovely! Keeps my butt muscles warm, which in turn, prevents my hamstrings tightening.
Trial and error for relief, unfortunately. There's no " one size fits all" - which is a shame!
I hope your son, your hubby and yourself, get some relief soon. People don't realise how debilitating fibromyalgia can be.

Much Love
Lindy x
LindyM66
UKFM Member

Postby Whitefam » Fri Nov 10, 2017 12:47 pm

Hi Lindy

Thank you! I'm definitely not laughing as I've experienced the butt pain too. And I completely agree with your explanation of being kicked by a donkey! The doctors haven't so far mentioned fibromyalgia to me, it's just that I've researched it over the last couple of years because of my son's condition and it all seems to fit with my own symptoms as well now.
I've read through a few threads on here as I wanted to know if there was anyone else with family members suffering too and I found there's quite a few. It doesn't make me feel good to know there's so many people suffering but I'm comforted by the fact that we are not alone. We do a good impression of the living dead each morning!
Although we all have our down days we mostly keep each other going, luckily we all have a good sense of humour - it does sometimes feel like the big man up there is having a laugh at our expense!
Anyway, I'm off to the pain management clinic today, see what they have to say.

Take care

NICKY
Whitefam
UKFM Newbie

Postby Vanessab29 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:41 pm

Hi

I am Vanessa . Single mum of an 11 year old boy. I have had fibromyalgia for just over 2 years now.
Haven't been able to meet or join any groups in my area as yet but would like to
I live in Harpenden , Hertfordshire
Have read through some of the threads on here and I know it is going to help me knowing your all out there
Look forward to chatting with you
x x :-D
Vanessab29
UKFM Newbie

Postby Googie » Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:40 am

Hello everyone

I've joined this forum to offer hope to fellow sufferers.

I have had severe chronic muscle pain, joint pain and bone pain for over 2 years now. Along with the pain I had also had chronic fatigue and bouts of suicidal depression with uncontrollable sobbing. I suspected my symptoms were due to my menopause and/or my Hashimoto's Thyroiditis and Hypothyroidism. But after stumbling across articles about damaging Oxalates found in plant foods I started a Low Oxalate Diet just 4 weeks ago. Within a matter of days my fatigue and depression were gone and my pains lessened somewhat. My severe symptoms only return when I've inadvertently eaten high oxalate foods. I've read that ridding yourself of oxalates and consequently fibromyalgia symptoms can take months and years, rather than days and weeks. So although starting a low oxalate diet will not be an overnight cure it can be life changing.

As time goes on I hope to report to you the lessening of my painful symptoms and perhaps motivate others to at least try the Low Oxalate Diet.
Googie
UKFM Newbie

Postby LindyM66 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:26 am

Hi Googie

Glad to hear you're experiencing some success. I hope it continues.
Be nice to read updates of your progress :-)

Much Love
Lindy x
LindyM66
UKFM Member

Postby Sweetpea9680 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:15 am

Hi im new here, still finding my feet on how to post etc. Im 38,a mom of 4 aged 22,14,9 and 5.im unhappily married for 11 yrs although been together 17 yrs. Ive suffered terrible deep depression for the last 14 yrs and started suffering the effects of fibro for the last 7 yrs although was only officially diagnosed 2 yrs ago after battle with different drs. Im currently on codeine, pregablin, sertraline and paracetamol. Ive been on codeine based meds for at least 9 yrs and am now feeling immune to their effects as having to take more and more to get any relief. Recently changed drs back to my old surgery and really want some new stronger medication but feel like i cant ask as very few drs show you any true compassion and i feel like they look at me like i dont know my own body and that im a junkie. Im severely depressed and need something new. Help pls people..... Im close to giving up
Sweetpea9680
UKFM Newbie

Previous

Return to Where to Say Hello