Hello~

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Hello~

Postby Emma Warren » Sat Dec 10, 2016 5:42 pm

Hi, hey, hello~

My mother suffers with fibro and has done for a long time, so it was fairly obvious when I began showing symptoms that I likely had it too. Originally (back in 04) I saw a very rude rheumatologist who literally said "There's nothing wrong with you, you're just crazy". Over the years I saw fibro awareness improve and doctors and GPs have gradually begun to accept fibro is a real condition. After multiple flare-ups in my feet and legs I decided enough was enough and practically demanded another assessment and, to my surprise and great relief, I was finally given my diagnosis about a month ago, 'fibromyalgia and hypermobility', I cried with relief to just be recognised. Now I just need a diagnosis of my mental health (depression and anxiety aside, I'm fairly sure I have a personality disorder).

I'm still fairly young and I know I have to take advantage of my youth and strength now to maintain my strength later, but it can be really hard sometimes. My pain has been exceptionally bad over the past week, so I went to my GP yesterday morning to ask for painkillers for the first time, I've been prescribed Co-Codamol (300mg) which is great, but only helps so much, so I've also been prescribed Gabapentin (300mg) which I've never had before and will take my first one tonight (mum says it'll knock me out), but I find myself extremely nervous about it. I've probably focused too hard on the list of side-effects oops.

So far I haven't let fibro stand in my way as I have seen so many people do (don't give up, keep fighting, you can do this), I am trying very hard to stay optimistic about my future, potential career and the family I want to have soon. I have the support of my partner and my mother and I know they will always be there to help however they can. I am extremely lucky and I am so grateful for the love and support that I know so many people don't have.

All that said, I often feel very alone, and so I decided to seek out my peers. So here I am. Hi.
Emma Warren
UKFM Newbie

Re: Hello~

Postby *Lisa* » Sun Dec 11, 2016 4:18 pm

:welcome: to the forum Emma :welcome:

Good luck on the new tablets :fingerscrossed:

Lots of help, support and information here :-D
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Return to Where to Say Hello