Newbie *gently waves hello!*

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Newbie *gently waves hello!*

Postby DeeDee_33 » Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:52 am

Hi everyone,

I'm newly diagnosed and doing, what I'm sure a lot of people do, and am constantly googling looking for answers, support, help, I'm not sure what else.

Up until a car accident 18 months ago I was relatively active, ran up to 20 miles a week and went to aqua fit once or twice a week. I think this is why I'm really struggling to accept that this is it now. The rheumatologist that diagnosed me has referred me to the pain clinic, to physiotherapy with the recommendation of hydrotherapy (she also diagnosed me with hypermobility).

To me the pain feels like my blood is bruised, that's the constant pain but then I get shooting pains in my joints at times. I get patches of burning skin and sometimes I can't even bare the duvet to touch my skin at night. The pain is unbearable of course but I have to say the worst and scariest part for me is the fibro fog. I can be mid sentence and not be able to say the next word as it's gone from my head, it's embarrassing but more than anything my mind issues scare me so much.

I'm glad there is a forum away from Facebook as I'm taking a break from that kind of social media right now, plus I've downloaded your magazine which I found helpful.

Nice to 'meet' you all

Dee
DeeDee_33
UKFM Newbie

Re: Newbie *gently waves hello!*

Postby *Lisa* » Mon Jan 16, 2017 10:43 pm

:welcome: To the forum Dee Dee :welcome:

Lots of help, support and information on the forum :-D
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Re: Newbie *gently waves hello!*

Postby LindyM66 » Sun Jan 22, 2017 10:13 am

Hi DeeDee

I was diagnosed last year, and yes, it is hard to take, when you have previously led an active life. My life has changed so much since last February.
I still work full time, but have the luxury of working from home also, which is great, on the more difficult days.
It's a learning process - learning what helps, learning what doesn't. Learning to listen to our bodies - which is so important. Ive found that if I don't listen, and push too far, I am totally and utterly "gubbed" for the next few days.
We can all learn from each other, and have a good old moan if we need to, with people who "get it".

Much Love
Lindy x
LindyM66
UKFM Member

Return to Where to Say Hello