Finally here...

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Finally here...

Postby blick85 » Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:20 pm

Hello lovelies,

I'm new here, after being diagnosed last year but refusing to accept it until my latest flare up. Now I'm willing to do more research and look for support, rather than pushing myself to my limits, then punishing myself for not reaching them.

I have a 7 year old son and live alone with him. I work 4 days a week. I also have joint hypermobility, raynauds, a degenerative disc issue in my back and generalised anxiety disorder.

Curently struggling with the depression/anxiety side of things so if anyone can point in the direction of a board that might help, that would be great :-D

Blick xx
blick85
UKFM Newbie

Re: Finally here...

Postby *Lisa* » Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:28 pm

Hi Blick & :welcome:

Either the Living with Fibromyalgia board or the Associated Conditions board are fine. It doesnt really matter if anyone puts a topic in the worng place as the moderators can always place it in the right spot if necassary :-D
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Re: Finally here...

Postby LindyM66 » Sun Jan 22, 2017 10:17 am

Hi Blick

I too was diagnosed last year. Like yourself, I no longer push myself to do more than I know I am capable of. Theres no point, as I just end up " out of action" for days.
Knowledge is power I say, so the more we learn about how this condition affects us, then we can attempt to pace ourselves. Not easy when you have a little one to care for Blick.

Much Love
Lindy x
LindyM66
UKFM Member

Return to Where to Say Hello