Hi

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Hi

Postby Icy » Fri Jan 20, 2017 1:52 am

I have been asvised to register on here and have a look around

Not sure if it is fibro that is my issue.
Basically I have had major pain for around 15+ years years ago an old HP just said it's muscular and jdo some exercise and learn to live with it, I have a number of conditions- chronic cluster headache (don't be fooled by the word headache, this is a horrific disease ) also have restless leg syndrome, high no& cholesterol asthma along with severe depression since early 90's that just never goes away and personality disorder oh and gout

As said I have no idea if have fibro a friend believed it could be and sent me here
I get extreme discomfort whenever I am lying down or leaning back in a chair

The worst parts that are affected are the bits of my shoulder blades that stick out, my shoulders, hips, the bits on outside of ankle that stick out and same parts of wrist. When I lay down I can't lay on my back as the pain is too much from shoulder blades If I lay on either side my ribs and hips hurt and if I lay on my front it's my ribs I am constantly tires often heading to bed around 7-8 rarely get to sleep though for many hours. Virtually always exhausted when I wake and throughout the day.

Have had physio in the past which made no difference, when working the pain always gets me in the shoulder blades area, seen go a few times and given naproxen a few times which has had little effect

Don't want to go to gp to say could it be this without checking out if it is even a possibility first, I know this isn't medical advice just looking at what the probabilities are so I don't make a fool of myself lol
Icy
UKFM Newbie

Re: Hi

Postby perseus » Fri Jan 20, 2017 8:08 pm

Welcome Icy, I hope you find the information and support you need here.

Fifteen years sounds like a long time without any diagnosis. Some of the pain related symptoms certainly sound familiar to me, for example sitting on inappropriate chairs or positions for any length of time is very painful. Headaches and difficulty sleeping are common symptoms as well. However a diagnosis requires a skilled GP who should give you an appropriate examination and consider/eliminate other conditions by examining your medical history. They might also send you to a rheumatologist for confirmation and further advice.

We have a page which explains the symptoms of fibromyalgia

http://ukfibromyalgia.com/what-is-fm.php

and other conditions it can be confused with

http://ukfibromyalgia.com/pages/mistaken.php

remember you can ask for a second opinion from another GP if they aren't sympathetic.

Good luck

Stephen :-)
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia. Regards Stephen
perseus

Postby LindyM66 » Sun Jan 22, 2017 10:23 am

Hi Icy

Fibromyalgia affects us all differently, but many share the same symptoms.
I would definitely push your GP for a referral to rheumatology.
I was hardly able to walk and had widespread pain and my GP casually flipped me a card to self refer to physio. Nice of him! After a lot of to'ing and fro'ing, I was eventually diagnosed by a rhematologist. The diagnosis in itself was helpful, as I got appropriate meds to help with the pain.
Push for the referral Icy. Easy for GPs to say " learn to live with it", when they are not the ones experiencing the pain.

Much Love
Lindy x
LindyM66
UKFM Member

Postby Claire'scomfycorner » Sun Jan 22, 2017 4:46 pm

Hi

Welcome to the forums :welcome:

We are here if you have any questions.

Hugs
Claire
x
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia :) x
Claire'scomfycorner
UKFM Member

Return to Where to Say Hello