painful sitting!

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

painful sitting!

Postby Roselil » Sat Feb 18, 2017 7:10 pm

Dear friends, I am wondering if anyone else finds it just So terribly painful sitting? To be expected, I suppose, if one is disabled, as unable to do anything but sit or lie down. It flares up frequently, so even sitting at the computer is only bearable for a short time. I can only keep using aloe vera gel which cools it, but does nothing to hide the pain. Even now, I must go and lie down. My muscles must be so terribly weak. Have to keep moving to avoid pressure sores.
Sincerely, Roselil
Roselil
UKFM Member

Re: painful sitting!

Postby perseus » Sat Feb 18, 2017 8:18 pm

Roselil

It helps me to sit back with a reclining chair by about 20 degrees to the vertical. This forces my neck to the vertical position and puts less strain on the upper back muscles supporting the neck and head. I doubt if that's the best solution for everyone though. All the same, I need to move around every 10 minutes or so.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia. Regards Stephen
perseus

Re: painful sitting!

Postby Roselil » Fri Feb 24, 2017 1:47 pm

Thank you so much for responding. Yes I do use my recliner chair frequently, as it makes a break from bed all the time, and it does seem to be the best position to ease just about everything. I also have an arthritis neck which cracks all the time, and sometime shoots the pain up the right side of my head and ear. I could write a book on all the medical conditions and it is a balancing act altogether, as one tries to help one condition and it causes another!
sincerely, Roselil
Roselil
UKFM Member

Return to Where to Say Hello