Sound familiar...?

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Sound familiar...?

Postby Aldwych » Sun Feb 26, 2017 1:24 pm

Hello everyone

I don't have a diagnosis but suspect Fibro may be the one I end up with. That's why I'm here.

Do any of these symptoms or patterns sound familiar to anyone?

All the time:
Low-level back/shoulder/neck pain; gnawing ache in knees and finger joints; morning stiffness; brain fog - forgetful, memory lapses; low libido

Episodic:
Join/muscle pain intensifies; massive fatigue - totally washed out, but can still just about function; gnawing ache in middle of my back/torso; acid reflux symptoms - heartburn, throat clearing, stool issues; irritable; sleep doesn't seem to help

These episodes come along once every couple of months or so now, and they tend to last for a week or more, slowly petering out to become more 'normal'. I can't figure out any causal factor - tried all manner of diet abstentions, etc., but nothing obvious.

Had tests for GERD - nothing; X-rays - nothing; rheumatoid factors - nothing; cameras down mouth and up the other end - nothing; bloods - normal, but recently found a vitamin d deficiency (<20). Taking D supplements for about 4 months now and I've noticed more energy generally, and fewer/briefer colds etc., but this improvement has only highlighted the episodic nature of the symptoms above (rather than feeling lousy all the time and occasionally feeling even worse).

I went through one round of diagnostics with one doctor who concluded that I probably had some 'psycho-somatic' disorder but should probably learn to live with it ("I think we've come to the end of what we can test for" was how he put it). The new doctor found the d deficiency and I'm seeing him again in a couple of months to review bloods.

Does anyone see anything familiar in the above? I'd be appreciative of any shared experiences, and how to potentially talk about this to a GP without sounding like I'm fishing for a diagnosis.

A.
Aldwych
UKFM Newbie

Re: Sound familiar...?

Postby Claire'scomfycorner » Sun Feb 26, 2017 2:34 pm

Hi Aldwych

Welcome to the fibro forum :wecome:

Your symptoms sound exactly like what I experience, it does sound like fibromyalgia. I would definitely ask your GP to refer you to a rheumatologist for a definite diagnosis.

Have a look around the forums, ask any questions and we will do our best to answer them.

Hugs
Claire
x
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia :) x
Claire'scomfycorner
UKFM Member

Postby LindyM66 » Mon Feb 27, 2017 7:41 am

Hi Aldwych

Yes, all too familiar. Like Claire, a rheumatologist gave me a diagnosis. I would push for a referral.

Much Love
Lindy x
LindyM66
UKFM Member

Postby Aldwych » Sat Mar 04, 2017 3:42 pm

Thank you both for your supportive replies. I will bring this up with my GP on my next visit.

A
Aldwych
UKFM Newbie

Return to Where to Say Hello