I have just joined.....Hi

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

I have just joined.....Hi

Postby Waggoners » Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:53 pm

Hi, I'm 62 and have had fibro for about 12 years. I attended a 3 week ' living with pain ' residential course in Bath around 10 years ago, teaching you how to pace yourself and use mindfulness to help day to day. I suppose I have got used to always having pain somewhere in my body but now I am older I find my symptoms are getting worse (or I am less tolerant). I haven't kept up with any new treatments over the years, just decided to get on with it and thought that was my lot, however I am really getting fed up now, I want to do so much but can hardly manage to take the dog for a walk, not enjoying life as much......is there anything new out there ?
Waggoners
UKFM Newbie

Re: I have just joined.....Hi

Postby *Lisa* » Sun Mar 19, 2017 12:21 am

Hi & :welcome:

My advice and if I were you I would start with your GP.

Explain how symptoms have gotten worse also affecting more of your daily activities.

If they feel symptoms are that of still fibro then there are many different types of help they can try for you.

GP can advice what is best for you as they should go through what you have and have not tried over the years, also what your approach is as some prefer to try more of a therapy approach then tablets or both.

GP can refer you onto a physio or a pain clinic if they feel they would be more beneficial to you.

There are many more licensed medications now which the GP will go through with you.

Pain clinic can provide more support as they are licensed and funded for more therapies and different medications to what the GP can offer.

So I would start with your GP and go from there.

If you click on our website link, more information is available to you

http://ukfibromyalgia.com/index.php
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Re: I have just joined.....Hi

Postby LindyM66 » Sat Mar 25, 2017 7:15 am

Hi W

Would definitely speak with your GP, and also request a referral to a pain clinic, if possible.
Fibromyalgia is such a debilitating condition. I feel like I'm continuously climbing a mountain at times.

Much Love
Lindy x
LindyM66
UKFM Member

Return to Where to Say Hello