Hello everyone!

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Hello everyone!

Postby NaomiHelen » Mon May 01, 2017 9:47 pm

Hello my name is Naomi and I'm 26. Got diagnosed with brain stem aura migraines April 2016. Started not long after then being exhausted all the time and slowly my symptoms have worsened. I have been preliminary diagnosed as fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue. I am going to see a rheumatologist at the end of the month so finally might get a proper diagnosis and can actually get some decent pain relief. Im finding really hard at this age to not be able to do everything my friends do. I have lost a few "friends" throughout all of my health troubles but they were obviously not good friends anyway. I have been training my dogs to do some task for me and it's been an amazing help! I think we really need to get more focused on service dogs in this country! I do find it really hard having to ask my grandma to brush my hair when I'm incapable some mornings, surely this should be the other way around but I guess life likes to be backwards sometimes. I also start a new job which is less hours and a promotion so more money too in a few weeks which should help lots, though I'm really nervous as I'm going to be head vet nurse and run a practice myself and I'm really worried my health is going to get in the way but I'll just have my fingers crossed for now! I had a lot more to say but I seem to have forgotten what else I wanted to include!

Anyway, looking forward to speaking to you all and getting some ideas as to how to deal with this illness and make my life easier.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
NaomiHelen
UKFM Member

Re: Hello everyone!

Postby *Lisa* » Mon May 01, 2017 10:38 pm

:welcome: Naomi

Good luck on your new job :-D

Dogs are amazing! great company to for people like myself who cant get out and about much. I have a schweenie! I rehomed her and shes been with me now for 3 years and helps so much keeping me away from the darkest of days.

Lots of info around the boards and i hope your consultation with the Rhumi goes well and you get the medication needed.
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby NaomiHelen » Mon May 01, 2017 11:00 pm

*Lisa* wrote::welcome: Naomi

Good luck on your new job :-D

Dogs are amazing! great company to for people like myself who cant get out and about much. I have a schweenie! I rehomed her and shes been with me now for 3 years and helps so much keeping me away from the darkest of days.

Lots of info around the boards and i hope your consultation with the Rhumi goes well and you get the medication needed.

Thank you!

Honestly, dogs are amazing. I follow a few people with service dogs on Instagram and have decided to train Frank to do all the tasks. It's a massive help when I need a little pull up and is great if you drop something and can't bend down to pick it up! Obvisouly with the rules in this country he would never be certified. But honestly if you are into training I really recommend training them to do tasks for you, Frank loves it!

NaomiHelen
UKFM Member

Postby Eian Mcneely » Tue May 02, 2017 11:57 am

Hi Naomi, welcome to the forum so sorry to hear about the young age..please keep us updated about your visits. Yes dogs are good companions i wish you all the luck for journey ahead
Eian Mcneely
UKFM Member

Postby NaomiHelen » Tue May 02, 2017 1:06 pm

Yeah, it's a pain to happen at my age but oh well! I will keep you all updated [WHITE SMILING FACE]️

NaomiHelen
UKFM Member

Return to Where to Say Hello