Hello......again!

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Hello......again!

Postby Charlie73 » Sun Jun 18, 2017 5:00 pm

I'm going to start by saying Hello, again! I haven't been on here for months after a pretty horrible spell :(

I was diagnosed last year with fibro and M.E. I had been off work for 6 months. I attempted a phased return to work in January but failed in spectacular fashion with a mental health crisis in March. I'm getting better slowly, but I really fell down hard. Its been a real lonely time. I have admitted to myself that things need to change, being in denial doesn't work, and trying to keep up with who I used to be just makes everything worse. Work finally seem to have a better understanding of where I am, we're going to look into possible redeployment options as soon as I'm able.

I've now got my blue badge, and happily admitted it will really help. I need to change my car to an automatic, that will help too. I've also applied for PIP. No idea how that will go but they've got my application, just got to sit and wait.

I think this heat wave has prompted me to come back on here, looking for any coping tips, I find that heat wipes me out completely, I feel exhausted all the time :sleep: and like my body is wading through treacle!
Charlie73
UKFM Member

Re: Hello......again!

Postby perseus » Mon Jun 19, 2017 12:11 am

Hi Charlie

I know what you mean about being jiggered by the heat, it makes me wonder how people get on in tropical countries. Suppose we aren't used to it.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia. Regards Stephen
perseus

Postby FluppyPuffy » Mon Jun 19, 2017 3:18 pm

Hello Charlie xx Sorry to hear what you've been going thru xx I was similar to what you have described when it came to battling denial xx And also with wanting to keep doing everything at the rate I did it pre~FM and CFS/ME xx It took me to what I realised was the very brink at the time, which is something I don't want to experience again xx I ended up having 6 months CBT~based therapy and a number of sessions over the years to review and refresh techniques when it was needed xx

I'm afraid I'm not much help when it comes to how to cope in the heat, as it's something I struggle with as well xx The only things that have been helping me so far are the cool showers and staying in the shade xx Hopefully someone will have a few suggestions that could help us xx
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby LindyM66 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:53 am

Hi Charlie,

I think we can all relate to the denial. It's difficult when we realise, that for 1 reason or another, we can't do things as we used to. But, we can adapt :-)
Have you heard of cooling scarfs? I first got 1 when I started taking hot flushes ( yes, Im at that sensitive age lol). Its a little neck scarf, that is filled with cooling gel. Works well. If you check on ebay, they're only a few pounds.
(I also purchased a small cooling mat for DOGS from B & M - 4.99 lol )

Much Love
Lindy x
LindyM66
UKFM Member

Postby andysalisbury » Sun Jun 25, 2017 1:27 pm

Thanks Lindy, well try one for the wife.

Andy
andysalisbury
UKFM Newbie

Postby Charlie73 » Mon Jul 10, 2017 4:14 pm

Yes, i was planning to buy a cooling mat for my bichon charlie, then i had a rare lightbulb moment and thought I'd get one too! :lol: I found that using my soft ice pack at night useful, i rolled it up under my neck when in bed, oh my word the relief!!!!
Charlie73
UKFM Member

Return to Where to Say Hello