Hi from Dave

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Hi from Dave

Postby dko » Thu Aug 03, 2017 2:34 pm

I'm Dave. I retired from work last year. I have undiagnosed symptoms which started after I was knocked off my bike on the way home from work about 5 years ago. I regularly get horrendous spams in my back and forearms and sleeping is difficult. I get no relief when I do sleep and don't get any refreshment from it all. This results in grumpiness and irritability. We've recently started refurbishing houses and although I can help out with DIY, I pay for it big time afterwards. I'm unsure whether I have Fibro, but it sure feels like it!
dko
UKFM Newbie

Re: Hi from Dave

Postby *Lisa* » Thu Aug 03, 2017 5:08 pm

Hi Dave & Welcome to the forum

Fibro can be set off by trauma so could be likely. Have you spoken to your GP? Been assessed by anyone like a physio etc?
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Re: Hi from Dave

Postby dko » Fri Aug 04, 2017 7:47 am

I've had visits to the doctor over the years, but I haven't really linked up the symptoms until now. Fibro has never been mentioned. I have degenerative damage in my neck, hips and lower back ("wear and tear") and this gives me jip from day to day, but it's the muscle pain that is debilitating and wears me out. If I sneeze, or bump into something with an arm say, it sends what feels like an electric shock through my whole body. The only pain relief I've taken is ibuprofen and paracetamol.
dko
UKFM Newbie

Return to Where to Say Hello