Hello

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Hello

Postby sjjosey » Sat Oct 21, 2017 8:29 am

My name is SJ and I live in Wales. I am a civil servant. I was firstly diagnosed with ME 25 years ago but the diagnosis was then changed to fibromyalgia about 4 or 5 years later. I take venlafaxine, amitriptaline, gabapentin, morphine as my main pain killers. I do still manage to work although I have recently dropped a few hours a week.
sjjosey
UKFM Newbie

Re: Hello

Postby perseus » Sat Oct 21, 2017 8:56 pm

Hi SJ Welcome to the forum.

My situation is similar to yours with an original ME diagnosis back in 1989, but developed the fibro symptoms after a car accident in 1999. I think a lot of the symptoms overlap and are similar in other respects. I was also a civil servant but the organisation was privatised and I'm retired now.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia. Regards Stephen
perseus

Postby FluppyPuffy » Wed Oct 25, 2017 3:45 pm

Nice to have you with us SJ xx
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby LindyM66 » Wed Oct 25, 2017 7:25 pm

Hello and welcome SJ :-)

I was diagnosed last year. Been a rather tough year at that! I work full-time ( recently back after 6 months off sick).
Neuro doubled the gabapentin, and I have to say, that seems to be keeping me on an even keel. Hope I haven't jinxed myself by saying that lol.

Much Love
Lindy x
LindyM66
UKFM Member

Return to Where to Say Hello