Evening all :)

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Evening all :)

Postby bwlgirl33 » Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:10 pm

Hi everyone I'm from South Wales I have fm nearly 5 years now :/ I'm awaiting an appointment to confirm me/cfs what a long road for answers hey ? Long story il post it soon x

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
bwlgirl33
UKFM Newbie

Re: Evening all :)

Postby bwlgirl33 » Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:29 pm

bwlgirl33 wrote:Hi everyone I'm from South Wales I have fm nearly 5 years now :/ I'm awaiting an appointment to confirm me/cfs what a long road for answers hey ? Long story il post it soon x

Ok here goes my daughter was born 5 weeks premature she had a hard time and was severely bruised on her face and head...she started having seizures after her first birthday .not long after she was born I became unwell :/ always been a keen outdoor person and keen horse rider .I went back and forth the doctors for 2 years finally got my diagnosis of fm .even paid private in case they got it wrong. Seems I got this through the traumatic birth of my daughter:/ I haven't had much help from the docs..dont even see a rheumatologist but going to demand one next week at my doctors appointment. I can't horse ride anymore and can manage a few hours work a day but then I'm exhausted:( if there's anyone in my area who might be lonely or need support get in touch I'm good at helping others :) thanks for having me here I needed a place like this xx

bwlgirl33
UKFM Newbie

Postby FluppyPuffy » Tue Oct 24, 2017 1:52 pm

Welcome to our little escape from it all xx There is a lot of info and advice on here so have a looky when you have a chance xx The search thing can be particularly useful if you're looking for something specific xx

Just ask if there is anything you want to know about and we'll try and help you with it xx
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby LindyM66 » Wed Oct 25, 2017 7:21 pm

Hello and welcome :-)

I'm Lindy and live in Glasgow, Scotland.
I was diagnosed last year, and have to agree - it takes a long time for a diagnosis. Probably due to the fact that FM symptoms are similar to other conditions, so they have to be ruled out. But my lord, it's a bloomin drag!
I'm just back at work after 6 months off sick. I have to say, due to the increase in meds - I am feeling the best I have felt in a long time. Touch hairy wood!
GPs can tend to drag their backsides a bit regarding referring to other professionals - so be pushy!
Keep us posted :-)

Much Love
Lindy x
LindyM66
UKFM Member

Return to Where to Say Hello