Hello

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Hello

Postby Imagejournal » Mon Oct 30, 2017 5:11 pm

Hi, my name is Paul I’m 49 years old.

I’m not sure what is wrong with me, I have been suffering with chronic pain for over four years now. I do have most of the symptoms of fibromyalgia. But not been diagnosed with anything, sometimes I get the feel people think I’m making it up.

I’ve had many MRI scans and ultrasound but nothing major was found.

I’ve had acupuncture and trigger point injections, acupuncture didn’t help and the injections helped for about a month.

I’m currently taking amitriptyline, sertraline and diazepam but I’ve tried many other pain medication.
Imagejournal
UKFM Newbie

Re: Hello

Postby perseus » Mon Oct 30, 2017 6:39 pm

Welcome to the forum Paul. I hope you will find it useful and supportive here.

Has your GP discussed the possibility of fibromyalgia and considered referring you to a Rheumatologist yet?
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia. Regards Stephen
perseus

Postby Imagejournal » Mon Oct 30, 2017 8:03 pm

perseus wrote:Welcome to the forum Paul. I hope you will find it useful and supportive here.

Has your GP discussed the possibility of fibromyalgia and considered referring you to a Rheumatologist yet?

I have seen a rheumatologist but they just put me onto physiotherapy and thought that would make me pain free. I’ve now been re-referred so I’m hoping I can get a diagnosis.

My GP has thought I might have fibromyalgia.
Imagejournal
UKFM Newbie

Postby LindyM66 » Tue Oct 31, 2017 7:08 pm

Hiya Paul

Fingers crossed you have a better outcome with your next rheumatolgy appointment. Not that I would wish fibro on you, but at least with a diagnosis, you can access treatment (hopefully something that helps you).
It can take quite a while of to'ing and fro'ing, between GPs and other professionals - it's so frustrating. And yes, you start to think that people think your making it all up! I vould think of much nicer things to make up!
I hope you don't have to wait too long.

Much Love
Lindy x
LindyM66
UKFM Member

Return to Where to Say Hello