Hi everyone

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Hi everyone

Postby Mamawoo » Tue Nov 28, 2017 7:52 pm

Hiya, I've just recently been diagnosed with fibromyalgia by a consultant rheumatologist although I've been suffering for years. I'm now waiting to see my GP to have my medication altered from what I'm currently taking, for other conditions I have, although I've been told there is not much else they can give me other than increase one of the tablets I'm on. Also waiting for a physio appointment.
Looking forward to reading about other peoples ways of dealing with this, as I'm finding it a very long and lonely struggle.
Julie x
Mamawoo
UKFM Newbie

Re: Hi everyone

Postby *Lisa* » Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:56 am

Hi and :welcome:

I found it a long and lonely struggle myself but the best thing I did was sign up to a forum. It's not everybody's cup of tea and some people prefer other ways of contact or help and advice but by talking to others and reading up helped me with living with fibro.

I found what helps me is a combination. ATM I am on medication and have regular hands on physio therapy. I tho have to pay for hands on frequent treatment. You will find something that suits you in time and helps. Everyone is different and have their own ways to manage symptoms.

I don't think I know of many people that have the same treatment plan! It's working along side your GP who knows you best and eventually although may take a while find your suitable plan.
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Re: Hi everyone

Postby LindyM66 » Wed Nov 29, 2017 5:43 pm

Hi Julie

I thought I'd replied to your post the other day. I mustn't have clicked submit lol dear lord!
It can be a very lonely journey indeed. Running the gauntlet of various referrals, trial and error with meds etc.
Don't be fobbed off though. Sometimes we have to be quite forceful, to get the correct support.
If you don't already use heat pads, I highly recommend them. Heat works really well for me and gives relief when I'm achey.
I'm very fortunate that the meds, which were increased in the summer, seem to make things more manageable. For now anyway.
Just try and go with the flow and be kind to yourself, Julie.

Much Love
Lindy x
LindyM66
UKFM Member

Return to Where to Say Hello