Severe hip pain with Fibro?

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Severe hip pain with Fibro?

Postby Roselil » Sat Mar 31, 2018 2:07 pm

Hello, fellow-sufferers. Following on from another severe flare-up with Fibro, I suddenly developed terribly right hip pain, right across the lower back, and in the groin area, and right down the legs, worse with the right. I cannot lift my right foot to get socks on, or get into pyjamas, the pain is excruciating. I have been crying-out with trying to move a few steps, as pain is so severe. Has anyone else had this happen? I have always had difficulty in lifting the right leg, but this has suddenly got unbearable. I am trying a back support which helps a little, but it presses just where I do not want it, on the hip area. I thought that with a night's rest, though painful, it would get easier, but no it has not, but worse. Any thoughts or helps would be gratefully received. Love Roselil
Roselil
UKFM Member

Re: Severe hip pain with Fibro?

Postby perseus » Sun Apr 01, 2018 8:53 am

Hi Roselil

I had/have similar problems/symptoms due to straining a muscle called the Quadratus lumborum which is a muscle between the backbone and hip. I couldn't put my right sock on or trousers when it flared up.

The Dr will probably recommend physio if it's anything like I had, but not sure how useful this is with fibro. It did get somewhat better over time though.

I still have the problem, usually when lifting the right leg.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quadratus ... #Back_pain
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia. Regards Stephen
perseus

Postby *Lisa* » Sun Apr 01, 2018 5:45 pm

Apart from the hip it could possibly be a disc in the lower back/ sciatica these symptoms can cause severe pain radiating down the leg and symptoms you say.
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby kayjay » Fri Apr 06, 2018 9:40 pm

I have had the same issue since December, pain went from groin to hip, down outer thigh and leg into foot. Dr was satisfied it wasn’t sciatica so referred me to physio. Physio has helped with massage and acupuncture but I’m still struggling. On top of that I’ve developed severe rib pains which is worse and acting as a distraction to my hip. So I’d get referred to physio or pay for it if you can afford to (I’ve found NHS physio less effective as it’s for less time).
Kathryn xx

Had fibromyalgia for 25+ years and I'm still smiling :)
kayjay
UKFM Member

Return to Where to Say Hello