I hate/scared to fall a sleep

Any tips on what helps you including alternative medicine.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

I hate/scared to fall a sleep

Postby *karina* » Wed Feb 26, 2014 4:15 am

That's it! I have hit the BOTTOM!
For 2 years now every time a fall a sleep day or night, I wake up completely wet through! SEVEAR SWEATING!!!
I have tried different clothes, different sheets, sleep without cover... Nothing works. At night I get too cold, so I was wearing fleece, then wake up as it was too hot. I have managed to sleep with short sleeves now but still sweating like mad.
No matter what I do, I keep waking up and must take everything that I wear, sheets are soaking , pj's is soaking too, I can literally squeeze water out of it! And of course I feel soooo cold because of it. Some days I am that tired, I wake up wet through but I cannot get up to change, I am wet and cold, but trying to pull more covers on me to keep me warm and trying to fall a sleep knowing and feeling that I am wet through. It's soooo horrible, knowing that you are in the wet bed and have to sleep in it because of lack of energy to get up.

Now I have come to the stage that I just hate going to bed. O though I am very tired, I would stay awake as long as possible which make me feel even more tired.

WHAT TO DO???

I have told my doctors many times but they just ignoring my problem :pull-hair:
*karina*
UKFM Member

Re: I hate/scared to fall a sleep

Postby TATT » Wed Feb 26, 2014 9:34 am

Hi Karina,

I know what your going through, I had this myself for a few months certainly not as long as you. The worst being you have not the energy to get up and get dry. I sleep on a towel and keep a fresh top on top of my quilt for quickness. The towel really helps keep the sheets dry.

Also my friend has this too and she has been taking a supplement called Red Clover. She says it has now stopped but hers is due to menopause. It's quite expensive as you need a good quality pill for it to work. I go through times when my internal thermostat does not work but luckily for me it passes. I hope you get through this soon.

Tatt
TATT
UKFM Member

Postby *karina* » Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:17 pm

I may understand if the person goes through the menopause, yes, I am aware that in this case girls experiencing night sweating. Well, I am still on my periods and it's all working ok.

Haven't tried towels yet, a bit worry that it would be too rough for me to sleep on the towel due to aladinia- sensitive skin for thous who suffer with Fibro. And again, I sleep under one cover with my husband. My side sheets, quilt cover and pillow gets wet through. I can turn round my pillow, I could try a towel on the sheet but my quilt cover is still wet, so you can imagine, even that I have change everything to a dry staff I am still covering myself with wet cover. Perhaps that's the reason why I have got bronchitis for over two months now and it's still wouldn't go away.

I sort of need the all complete dry set during night or even day as it's happening every time I sleep. :facepalm:
*karina*
UKFM Member

Postby Phets » Wed Mar 15, 2017 11:58 am

Hi, what to do when the quilt is wet like you describe here. Here in Australia the best solution is to change the quilt cover but how to dry the quilt if the pet make it wet!
Shopping online for kas quilt covers Australia @ Cheap Price.
Phets
UKFM Newbie

Postby Jull » Thu Mar 23, 2017 1:10 pm

http://www.osteopathic.org/osteopathic- ... weats.aspx
Seems there's no exact treatment for this :(
Go see doctor as soon as possible!
Jull
UKFM Member

Return to Help / Tips on Coping