Yoga

Any tips on what helps you including alternative medicine.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Yoga

Postby dotty lotty » Sun Jun 28, 2015 8:02 am

Opinions please.

Have been going to chiropractor for about 2 months now with great results. Pain and stiffness much reduced. :-D

They run a small group for therapeutic yoga which she thought would also be beneficial. I have been to 3 classes.
After 1st sore all over but not my fibro pain, 2nd we had been doing postures to strengthen abs and gluteal muscles so they were sore.
On Friday not sure what aim was but now shoulders and front of chest very sore. :-? :-?

So my :?: :?: are does anyone do yoga and do you find it beneficial. :teddy-bear:
dotty lotty
UKFM Member

Re: Yoga

Postby Zia2014 » Sun Jun 28, 2015 12:41 pm

Not yet but I'm hoping to go to chair yoga soon to see if that helps :)
Zia2014
UKFM Regular

Postby Gracious » Mon Jun 29, 2015 10:44 pm

Simple answer is yes,I find it very beneficial. I do restorative and ilyenga yoga.

Its great for improving flexibility, strength, relaxation, and there are great mindful and meditative benefits too. Develops concentration and improves deeper breathing, circulation, lumphatic benefits too.

The muscles and aches your feeling are from new use. With continued practice this tends to settle down as your body adjusts.

Don't be too scared of the new pains, muscles, ligiments will ache when they've been challenged after a long time of limited use. Doing a few stretches and a hot bath will help ease those newly used muscles.

It sounds like their going nice and gentle and thats the best approach for anyone.

Good on you for trying something new and challenging. Here's hoping it continues to go well for you. Take it slow and gentle and dont be in a rush to push your body, into positions and poses.

With loving kindness
Gracious
Gracious
UKFM Member

Postby JackieHarper » Tue Oct 06, 2015 12:27 pm

I started to practice Iyengar yoga and I must admit that the difference can already be felt in a month or two. I didn't expect is since I always thought yoga was boring. But here was the surprise, I have never managed to stretch inner muscles with any other sports. If you study what causes fibromyalgia, you will understand why yoga can help, so I highly recommend it too!
J.J.Harper from domyhomework4me.net
JackieHarper
UKFM Newbie

Postby pad all » Thu Oct 22, 2015 9:17 pm

I started yoga classes last year for seniors where the exercises are geared towards muscles,joints and ligaments. Teacher said it would take 3/4 months. My therapist recommended an integrated approach towards FM, I.e. Pain relief treatment, a therapy (Bowen technique in my case) and yoga. I practice leg muscle stretching exercises every morning and sometimes in evening. It has opened up a new way of life going to yoga classes as we all have different health problems. I have learnt that the brain plays an important part in trying to cope with FM. My main problem in Winter is my legs. The veins become very sore and painful and also knee joints. Don,t push yourself as the exercises are meant to be gentle. Without the exercises my legs would seize up again. I am never going to get better as there is no cure so you just have to help yourself. Keep up the yoga and just enjoy the relaxation part of the lessons as well.
pad all
UKFM Member

Postby difly » Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:50 pm

hy I have started attending at chair yoga since I had my knee replacement in April this year I have found the classes to be very
therapeutic , the instructor also includes some of the mindfulness teaching and we work on every aspect of the body . If there is an exersise
which is challenging and I am unable to do I visualise the movement its amazing and I do believe for me it helps me deal with both the fibro and fatique I do enjoy the sessions and find them beneficial
difly
UKFM Member

Postby hcp » Sun Oct 25, 2015 8:46 pm

I tried yoga once. Ouch!!!!!!!!!!!!!
hcp
UKFM Newbie

Postby BenMart » Thu Jun 08, 2017 10:55 am

I was surprised when I discovered that Yoga is not as easy as it may seem. However, I've practived for the last three months and I must admit than durig this time I started to feel much better.
Last edited by perseus on Sat Jun 10, 2017 2:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Signature removed from post for including a web link to a commercial website not relevant to the post (see rule 8 and 3)
BenMart
UKFM Newbie

Postby megan704 » Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:37 am

I have been taking yoga classes since last 2 years and I have to say that it gives me unbelievable effect on my health. I don't feel scratchy with my spine anymore. It helps me to lose weight and physically strong.
megan704
UKFM Newbie

Return to Help / Tips on Coping